New sound Mod

Yay! I finaly get to contribute to the CM commiunity!!!

I have a replacement sound file for file 00005004. It is backgrond sounds. This replaces the BTS sound file that has the annoying high pitched whine among the birds and background shell fire (you know the one). It is a sound file from the Medal of Honor demo that has great semi-auto rifle pops along with machine gun chatter and explosions (just think of the background noises in Saving Private Ryan). I converted it from mp3 to WAV and zipped it for anyone interested. The file is 24 MB and replaces the BTS file of 20.3 MB.

I have no web page, so just e-mail me if interested and I'll send it right back! :D

DBURCH@bak.rr.com

[I have to send it mp3. The WAV file is too big. If you need an mp3 decoder, go to warfare HQ (see posts below)

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scipio:

I had the same idea. Question : do you also hear a loud 'crack' after each completed loop? I have this problem only in the game, not when I hear the sound with a media player.<hr></blockquote>

Not with the one file I am using. Two of them had too much backgrond hiss, but the one I am using sounds good. I've played it on my desktop, but not in the game yet. No crack when it loops so far.

BTW, this file is large to those interested in it. If you request it from me and are on a slow service like dial-up, you may want to download the attachment overnight.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Figured I'd bump this just once to give a few others who can't downlaod MoH a shot at this sound file. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

I sent you an e-mail explaing I was interested, but never recieved anything. I don't exactly know how much my my e-mail will handle, but I have gotten some very large files before. I know a lot of internet services don't handle that much, but mine is AOL and it handles more than most.

You out to see if someone will host it on a site.

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Shatter ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Did anyone else have a problem with CM freezing after installing this mod? <hr></blockquote>

It ran okay for me (no lock-ups). Someone else complained of a crack when the sound looped as well. Otherwise, no one has posted any other issues on this one.