Invitational Tourney [Part II]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MickOZ and I continue to duel in the Punchbowl of Death. He smote my veteran 250/9, but in reply a Hetzer of mine K-killed his Sherman, while my fire support creamed an M-8 HMC and scared an apparent Stuart into retreat. Artillery fire and mortars are causing misery to both parties, particularly the doggedly advancing infantry.

Fuerte is apparently playing the Stoic, for he has grossly understated the hell I unleashed upon him

in the turn he described. I threw not only the kitchen sink, but the kitchen and the house. The entire middle of his position exploded in a deluge of fire consisting of multiple calibers and types, both indirect and direct. This fire destroyed one halftrack, buttoned other armor (no word on crew casualties), smashed down on his forward positions, plus blasted the nearby defiles, treelines and assembly areas to his close and middle rear and flanks. Heaven help any troops in the trees! No own goals were scored.

Fuerte may simply have been too busy to respond quickly, but I suspect substantial shock underlies the long delay in his responding to that shattering turn. Clearly, he's using humor in his description

of the explosive deluge I dropped on him.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kettler: I was impressed by the artillery hit! Funny that I started dropping my smaller artillery at about the same time, you probably didn't notice it at all. You are now advancing with one infantry unit, I think that I will make it turn around before it gets to the victory point (that I control).

Btw, perhaps we need a new thread because this is quite big now?

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Fuerte ]</p>