A few questions...

1) How do I disable the start-up movie permanetly? My PC doesnt seem to like it much, it constantly freezes up when I start up.

2)What is the BMP for the 'filler' space between the map edges and the sky BMPs? I seem to have the BTS original texture.( aaaaa my eyes!)

3) OK I geuss I only had two questions....

I can't check it right now, so I'll try to answer from memory:

1. Try holding down the shift key while starting CM. I know it's somewhere in the manual, so you can look it up yourself too.

2. It's one of the 'open ground' textures. I don't know how the game decides if it should use the high- or low-res variant. So if you replace both texture sets with the ground texture of your choice, you should be fine. A search should turn up the file names.

I hope this is correct and it helps.

Dschugaschwili

Originally posted by The ol one eye.:

1) How do I disable the start-up movie permanetly? My PC doesnt seem to like it much, it constantly freezes up when I start up.

2)What is the BMP for the 'filler' space between the map edges and the sky BMPs? I seem to have the BTS original texture.( aaaaa my eyes!)

1) Press Space Bar when loading game

2) Cant help with that one sorry...

Jussi

Originally posted by The ol one eye.:

What is the BMP for the 'filler' space between the map edges and the sky BMPs? I seem to have the BTS original texture.( aaaaa my eyes!)

At the risk of making a shameless plug, if you were using the Field and Stream grass sets that would never be something that you would have to worry about, because I made sure that there was always one in place even when the author of the mod forgot to include it.

So run over to CMHQ (www.combatmission.com) and get CMMOS, get Field and Stream, and confuse yourself with a plethora of too many choices.

Cheers,

Philippe

[ February 08, 2002, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The ol one eye.:

1) Press Space Bar when loading game

2) Cant help with that one sorry...

Jussi</font>

Originally posted by russellmz:

is it space or shift while cm is opening?

Space gets rid of it only for that session. If you quit, then re-launch without holding down the Space bar, it will run again. Shift toggles it on and off completely so you don't have to hit any key the next time you start the game. But you can still bring it back by holding the Shift down the next time you run it.

- Chris