Request to BTS for a different kind of Bone....

Hey Cats,

Yeah these recent screenshots are the cats-ass but I was wondering if it would be possible for a movie clip of a battle sequence. Surely there must be countless 1 minute battle sequences floating around out there in the world of beta so how about recording one and posting it up somewhere. That would definetly be the Bones-Bones of bones and will maybe quell the need for more information on CM2 (A least for a couple of minutes :D ). Not sure if this request is made before so fell free to tell me it's already been declined. I ask because

1. Like every other person on this board I want more info...MORE..!!MORE!! MORE!!!!! on CM2

-and-

2. Pending releases of other soon to arrive wargames (a certain all inclusive WW2 FPS) have been accompanied by the release of trailors and battles clips. These clips alone have made me want to buy the game in question and if anything, they would be a good way to attract both current CM fans and soon to be fans to the prospects of the next CM chapter.

Anyone else on board with me for this request?

Ducimus!

SgtSweatHog

Originally posted by SgtSweatHog:

Hey Cats,

Surely there must be countless 1 minute battle sequences floating around out there in the world of beta so how about recording one and posting it up somewhere.

Hrmmm... you'd need all the textures used in the movie as well, and the engine to render them.

How's about the .EXE and a goodly number of BMPs and WAVs...

Well hell, just have a Beta on us...

[ July 08, 2002, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SgtSweatHog:

Hey Cats,

Surely there must be countless 1 minute battle sequences floating around out there in the world of beta so how about recording one and posting it up somewhere.

Hrmmm... you'd need all the textures used in the movie as well, and the engine to render them. the .EXE and a goodly number of BMPs and WAVs...

Well hell, just have a Beta on us...</font>

Been too busy to follow this...but when I check back I see:

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

[QBHrmmm... you'd need all the textures used in the movie as well, and the engine to render them.

How's about the .EXE and a goodly number of BMPs and WAVs...Well hell, just have a Beta on us...[/QB]

...What :confused: ? Not sure how that got twisted but that's not what I meant at all. YankeeDog had it right when he mentioned the screen capture device. Just in case some people were not aware, you can capture pretty much anything that you play on your screen. Example can be those CM movies someone (forget who) made a while back that had a narration and a few action sequences. Another example is the media file that comes with the game. Now I forget how big it is and I cannot check it because I am at work, but I don't recall it being too big. either way, I think a 1 minute clip of an action sequence would be great :D . All movement menus can be avoided, the battle sub menu can be left out, various display information cut, etc.. it will really be left up to BTS with regards to what they want to show. But the media and promotivity value of such a clip(s) would be benificial to not only the product, but a good way to reward loyal CM fans who have remained through the various pieces of cheese that have been released to date on the mystery that is CMBB.

SgtSweatHog

Member # 5422

posted July 08, 2002 09:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Like every other person on this board I want more info...MORE..!!MORE!! MORE!!!!! on CM2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A one minute mpeg movie would be a good idea, if it's not too much trouble for BTS. I watched the trailer for gladiator every workday for 4 months straight - i can only imagine the damage an Mpeg of CM:BB would do...

It wouldn't hurt to have a no frills Mpeg, but considering how soon CM:BB will be out, it might be a moot point.

jwt.