What are the odds that these are Archers?

Guest SnarkerII

Whatever they think they are, why is the commander not looking the way the turret is facing?

Look at the unit description in the bottom left. It's a 'tentative spot', the picture of the TD is just a representation of 'tank destroyer', and the gun is indeed facing backwards.

Yes, I think that a turn or two later, they are going to be positively ID'd as Archers.

NTM

Originally posted by Trooper:

Look at the unit description in the bottom left. It's a 'tentative spot', the picture of the TD is just a representation of 'tank destroyer', and the gun is indeed facing backwards.

Yes, I think that a turn or two later, they are going to be positively ID'd as Archers.

NTM

Perhaps I was being too subtle. At first glance this would seem to be a bug, but the game is doing the right thing. It shows an unidentified TD with the turret turned to the rear.

In game terms though, since you can't order a TD to turn its turret, this is a giveaway that the vehicle in question is an Archer.

Given the odd configuration of the Archer, perhaps the program code would be more logical if it simply identified the tank as an Archer rather than depicting it in this bizarre fashion.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Given the odd configuration of the Archer, perhaps the program code would be more logical if it simply identified the tank as an Archer rather than depicting it in this bizarre fashion.

I've seen Fireflies spotted as ''Tank destroyers ?'' with an Archer picture...gun facing forward.

Very strange, i agree with you MD, logically units should identify Archers easily because of their unique aspect.

[ May 09, 2002, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Thin Red Line ]