Weird happenings : KV under infantry HQ

After this KV's HQ tank was removed from battle in an operation (immobilized), it surprisingly got a command line to an infantry platoon HQ :

KVCommand.JPG

No, there is no infantry unit hiding underneath or behind the tank. The line also showed when I selected the tank.

As you can see this is during setup, it's in a tcp/ip game so I'll have to wait for the next appointment with my opponent to see if it persists during actual play.

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

I'm experiencing the same with an armored car, battle 2 of an operation. The HQ car was killed the previous batlle, now the car is under command line of an infantry platoon. Weird, but not absolutely unrealistic.

Hmm... thanks for the information, now I know you have infantry this time :D

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Ah, so that is how you are managing to beat me all the time!!! Very gamey indeed.

He beats you all the tine, does he ?!? ...hmm,interesting :cool:

[ December 09, 2002, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Tanaka ]

This is not a bug as such. In operations, vehicles that have already lost their platoon HQ in earlier vehicle in a earlier battle will be placed under command of a infantry HQ unit.

It was either allow this or have them have NO HQ at all in subsequent battles. We opted to allow them the infantry HQ benefit instead of no HQ.

Madmatt