Pacific Theater Mod trailer

Very impressive. I look forward to now having three versions of CMBO on my Mac... :D Seems we will be able to get some idea of whether or not the CM engine could work with island hopping... Nice job

Is it purely island hopping or do you make any attempt to represent CBI/SE Asia? I'd like to fight out Gotanda's ride or Wingate's Chindwins... Canadians as Aussies and Poles as Indians should do nicely for representing those nationalities...

The use of the Kangaroos for LVTs was a bit startling at first...but pretty damn clever. Looks very, very good. I still hate the title with a passion, though!

The DFDR mod was mindblowingly good, I am disappointed so few people seemingly went for it. Looking forward to this. I hope to see a volcanic ash mod to simulate Iwo Jima, though with an absence of tunnels and similar fortifications that might be a tricky one. Tarawa/Betio you could almost simulate in one enormous battle.

One of the ASL Annuals had a mini campaign - Gavutu-Tanambogo?? Or somefink? I hope you will be visiting that one as well, it seems like more of a natural - maybe even get a decent Operation out of it?

EDIT - helpful and unneeded tip #1 - USMC Shermans had yellow lettering! Hey, what is with all the Japanese advertising on the movie page, incidentally? Is this a case of some webbot reading the title of your movie and deciding you were Japanese?

[ April 22, 2002, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Triumvir:

Is it purely island hopping or do you make any attempt to represent CBI/SE Asia? I'd like to fight out Gotanda's ride or Wingate's Chindwins... Canadians as Aussies and Poles as Indians should do nicely for representing those nationalities...

What the hell are Chindwins ?????? :confused:

I think you mean Chindit's Triumvir,the Chindwin is a river ! smile.gif

From the one initial report, the amphib operation went as planned. Some boats were sunk but most made it through. I am very concerned about this since I am trying to make the game do something it wasn't intended to do.

I do have the map for Gavutu-Tanambogo plus Tarawa. I even did a Midway map but to be honest the map was disgustly flat. Even after adding sand dunes to give attackers somewhere to hide there was no real battle. So I dropped those plans.

I do have a map for the Roi-Namur fight. Two joined islands with a large airfield on one and the support facilities on the other. But haven't done anything with it.

I prefer to do this mod without using any mod manager as all so I am making some things, such as vehicles, as generic as possible. I contacted Gordon about using his CMMOS manager but after we discussed the matter we agreed it probably won't be a good idea.

MikeT