The "One Hundred Minutes" Tournament

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I finally got all 4 on the go. smile.gif

But I have yet to hear from Allied D.

I know he's out there in the big ol' yonder as I've seen him on the opponents finder forum recenetly (within a couple weeks, anyways.)

This is FUN STUFF! I love the maps.

Gpig

Guest BigAlMoho

Axis W vs. Allied B:

"Arch Enemies": 57 to 43

[ June 23, 2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: BigAlMoho ]

Huwhaaa?

Michael Jackson fan-club????

I must REALLY be out of touch. smile.gif

I too, am looking forward to our game. If we can just hook it up TCP/IP. Heh heh.

THe offer still stands to keep swapping PBEM turns if you can. I'm currently playing two others by PBEM and it's going good. smile.gif

Gpig

Okay, FINALLY got done the load left on my table (I was gone for a week and been busy yet another - damn boss could not understand the importance of this tournament :mad: )and I'm very pleased to see that you guys are still with me...

I've heard that allied D (leedisantis) has not quite been up to the challenge and thus needs replacing.

I was in such a hurry in order to get this started that I failed to pick the proper bunch you all would have deserved for this redface.gif but as it seems most of you are very happy with the company and enjoy the games you actually get to play smile.gif .

I'm learning here though and as the next tourney will be launched (in late July?) all the active members in this tournament automatically receive invitations while the additional guys will be screened more thoroughly in order to find out if they are actually willing to play it by the rules.

More rules will also be applied as my idea of "easy-paced" gaming (at least three or four turns a week) was not included in the ruling - being a stupid and simple Finn :confused: I assumed that people VOLUNTEERING for a TOURNAMENT would actually be INTERESTED and WILLING to play the scenarios written by several people and then again made available by single guy advertising this unique opportunity (I should work for the Q-Channel :D ).

All right - enough ranting and such, now I'm trying this other way round (trying to get off the hook :rolleyes: ) and I'm asking YOU guys if you would know someone proper and nice gamer with a half filled card able and willing to replace the allied D in our tournament (as most of you know at least some good gamers...) as this would erase most of my difficulties. Finding a proper fellow in short time could be surprisingly hard in the end. If not then the good old advertising department will get the job and as they too are getting no pay from this I look forward in seeing the smiles on their faces...

That was a lot of Graemlins,

-T

Guest BigAlMoho
Originally posted by Stoffel:

allied player A suffered a minor defeat 57-43% against axis W :(

worse game I have playesd in weeks :mad:

Hello? You must have made a mistake... As reported above:

Axis W vs. Allied A:

"Dius Irae": 40 to 55

Originally posted by Beckman:

Is Allied D coming through, either the original or replacement???

I am on the job! Need to do some advertising (once more) so keep it under your hat for a few more days. Sorry for the inconvenience - see the crybaby post above... tongue.gif

-T

Originally posted by schmegeg:

Allied C 49 Axis W 51 in Mech Bushmen :rolleyes:

Noooooo! A failure! How could you guys manage a draw! :(

Well, hope you at least enjoyed the ride (This baby -"Mechanized Bushmen" that is- is mine so J will laugh at me forever for designing such a grand victory or death scenario :mad: ) and the even scoring will only serve you ill if other players get more drastic numbers ;) .

-T

Hola, new Allied D has been selected by the advertising department. Heads up for the info mail (Axis players) and I'm sure that he'll introduce here later as the games actually start. In the case somebody did NOT get my mail the mail address to the new Allied D (Jyrki Virtanen obviously) is jyrki.virtanen@uku.fi so make him feel welcome.

-T out (for now)

Originally posted by schmegeg:

As cucumber sandwiches and hot tea was passed along to the troops the sound of German armor could be heard in the distance. It was 10am don't the Krauts know a gentleman has his tea at this time? :eek:

Guess the Teutonic savages knew it and tried to take the advantage of surprise by attacking the British while these were having their tea. It is hard to hold a cup and fire accurately :D

-T