Ranks - BMP Reference

To help when identifying (especially) those pesky enemy HQ tanks.... ;)

Edit: These pics are the raw bmp's in the data folder. I've ust id'd them with their file no' and unit type from the demo scenarios.

cmbbranks.gif

[ September 04, 2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

To help when identifying (especially) those pesky enemy HQ tanks.... ;)

Coming as a Mod near you soon!

cmbbranks.gif

Noticed a minor booboo: the tank UNT and the tank LTHQ seem to belong to Heer and Waffen SS/PanzerGrenadier respectively... smile.gif

BTW: VERY nice !!!

[ September 04, 2002, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

Originally posted by tero:

Noticed a minor booboo: the tank UNT and the tank LTHQ seem to belong to Heer and Waffen SS/PanzerGrenadier respectively... smile.gif

BTW: VERY nice !!!

Why would you say that? The SS wore standard runes on their panzer uniform; both icons here have the Army piped rectangle with skull and crossbones. The Waffen SS did not wear these. Panzergrenadiere also wore weisengrün (grass green) piping. The picture shows rose pink...unless the picture has been edited??

The picture shows rose pink...unless the picture has been edited??
These are the raw bmps in the Demo data folder - No modding done. I just extracted them in PS7 as a contact sheet reference for you all. Then I compared them to the units in the demo and subtitled their designation. Viola!

My main purpose was to edit the HQ units with a clearer identifying mark as in 'HQ' on any officer class pic.

This subtle mod (not shown here) I installed and things became easier, even in xtreme FOW, to ID the command tanks on the steppes and prioritised taking them out (gamey?). It worked a treat as the remainder routed and panicked and wouldn't come any deeper.

Edit: spulling

[ September 04, 2002, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The picture shows rose pink...unless the picture has been edited??

These are the raw bmps in the Demo data folder - No modding done. I just extracted them in PS7 as a contact sheet reference for you all. Then I compared them to the units in the demo and subtitled their designation. Viola!

My main purpose was to edit the HQ units with a clearer identifying mark as in 'HQ' on any officer class pic.

This subtle mod (not shown here) I installed and things became easier, even in xtreme FOW, to ID the command tanks on the steppes and prioritised taking them out (gamey?). It worked a treat as the remainder routed and panicked and wouldn't come any deeper.

Edit: spulling</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Actually I thought maybe a different photo was up that tero was responding to. His reference to two virtually identical uniforms as being one Army and one Waffen SS Panzergrenadiere baffled me....

I was refering to the different Death Head emblems in their (the armoured dudes) collar patch, not the Waffenfarbe in the collar piping. smile.gif

[ September 05, 2002, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: tero ]