No Cover Arc commands for conscripts?

Just completed a QB, in which everything that could be was randomised, 600 pts.

I chose Allied and got a conscript Soviet force.

The first surprise was that there was nothing other than conscripts, i.e. no 10% greens.

Is this because you can't have up's without downs and there's obviously nothing below conscript?

Secondly, and more surprisingly, was the fact that non of my tanks, guns or infantry had the command option of cover arcs of either sort.

I have rechecked the manual but can see no reference to these commands being restricted to particular experience levels, only that their application may vary depending on experience level.

Is this an undocumented feature or have I lost the plot somewhere along the line?

Originally posted by James Crowley:

The first surprise was that there was nothing other than conscripts, i.e. no 10% greens.

Is this because you can't have up's without downs and there's obviously nothing below conscript?

Dunno, what year is this? Because for the first two years of the war it might reflect soviet replacement policy, which was the equivalent of giving a blood transufusion to a patient bleeding from several major arteries (not surprising, considering said patient had lost an arm and a leg and there wasn't a band-aid in sight).

They just raised new formations en bloc, and only in 1943 did they stop concentrating on raising ever more new formations and concentrate on maintaining those units they had.