Are support crews going to have rifles/small arms?

"Minimal Crew Defense"

Does this apply; a)Only to crews of knocked-out weapons

b)to crews who are manning their weapons but who come under attack at close range

c)or both?

I'm picturing say an anti-tank gun facing north. This will quite happily plink away at infantry targets with its HE at ranges as low as -what-30to 40 m. Suddenly an infantry squad appears from a patch of trees 25m behind it. No realistic way to about-face, so it grabs the rifles and hopes for the best?

Answer B. They will use smallarms assuming their main weapon is not applicable.

I just did some testing and set up a small 4 gun battery position which gets ambushed from behind by a Russian Platoon. As a test one gun had no ammo at all.

The Russians were setup about 100 meters away from the German guns.

Once the Russians were spotted the guns began to rotate to face the threat (as you would expect of a functional gun and crew) but the out of ammo gun crew began to engage with small arms. The other guns used HE when they could but one gun crew got pinned, rallied and fired with small arms as they were not facing the enemy yet.

Seems Charles has got this one pretty well pegged.

I have also just heard from the GREAT CODE WIZARD that he is intending to add this small arms defense capability to MG teams which have jammed weapons.

It just keeps getting better.

Madmatt

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Madmatt ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Answer B. They will use smallarms assuming their main weapon is not applicable.

Seems Charles has got this one pretty well pegged.

I have also just heard from the GREAT CODE WIZARD that he is intending to add this small arms defense capability to MG teams which have jammed weapons.

It just keeps getting better.

Madmatt

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Madmatt ]<hr></blockquote>

"It just keeps getting better."

Yeah Baby!!!!!

"he is intending to add this small arms defense capability to MG teams which have jammed weapons. "

Nice touch!!!

Great work

Thanks for the updates

Please Keep them coming

you have a very faithful audience!

smile.gif

-tom w