Check out my New Cm:BB fan site.

http://www.fallschirmjager6.com

i just started it. tell me what ya guys think.

also this is my old domain name trying to get it changed with the host without paying more money tongue.gif

i also have a question. My site is gonna be like a Mod/ scenario depot as well. What i want to know is how do i add downloads to my site, like say if i recieved a mod or scenario from somone and wnated to add it to my page and somone coming to my page wants to download it the click on it and it downloads the file. how do i go about doing that? lol :( thx.

P.s the Mod link is the only one taht works now check it out, made some cool pictures with photoshop.

[ August 10, 2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: zee ]

Looks great! :eek:

One quibble though. (Being an editor, don't we have endless quibbles?) The line "Every thing you need from, Mods, to Scenarios." should read "Everything you need, from Mods to Scenarios."

Those, pesky, commas have a, way, of driving a reader, crazy! smile.gif

Cheers,

Jason

So far so good. You should probably give credit to BFC for the screen shots you used to make the mod page somewhere in the small print. Can't help you with HTML. My piddlely web sight is the only work I've ever done where I broke the cardinal rule of authorship "don't appoligize for your work."

Cheers

Eric

Critisism is the best for of comment,a s it can only make your site better. Dont be discouraged by

this isnt right, that sucks, etc etc.

My $.02:

Maybe thumbnail them screen shots, with an enlarge link? I dunno.

"next", "back" buttons on java applet dont work?

screen shot page has no link back to other pages on the site, same for mods page.

Is that a period map in the background?

If not, make it one. I'm to ignoratn to know the diffference. I like it though.

For links page, put battlefront for now, with link to battle front press page and screen shiots?

[ August 10, 2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

ya i dont know how to make a thumbnail , the web host tools i have with the server only give me that cruddy thing.

the site is far from complete.

thanls for the tips and commenst guys. keep um comming.

and period map you mean like the WWII period?

its a map of the era.

[ August 10, 2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: zee ]

Originally posted by zee:

ya i dont know how to make a thumbnail , the web host tools i have with the server only give me that cruddy thing.

[snip]

and period map you mean like the WWII period?

its a map of the era.

Are they jpegs or .gifs, doesnt matter.

Making thumbnails is easy.

thumbnail maker from tucows.com

You can try that. dont know if its adware or what ever. tucows has lotsa thumbnail makers, for many OSes.

I like it. The more sites the merrier.

Thumbnails are pretty straight forward and something you can do yourself without any further application assistance. It looks like you already know the graphical tricks by the appealing way you did your site. Send me email if you would like to discuss.

Make sure you add those navigation links back to the previous main pages, even though you may think a browser "back" button should be good enough. You need to always provide an alternative navigation point.

I am assuming that those CMBB sneak peek pictures you are using are only temporary? Once you get the game, I would suggest replacing with your own. I do like that you have taken the liberty to using what is available to get the site going. You probably do need to add something on your entry page on where the screen shots came from (BTS/BFC sneak peek bone screen captures: work in progress, may not appear same in final product).

Love the main page layout and the map is top notch. Fits well. I wish you well with the site and look forward to your posting news of its frequent updates once CMBB is released.

PS: Oh yea, one more thing. THANK YOU!!! No pop-up advertisement windows ensures I'll visit more often. :D

[ August 11, 2002, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: kump ]

I havent been to the site yet, my concern lies with the url / domain name itself.

I dunno what the six is suipposed to mean (referenmce to the antichrist?, or reference to a commander's radio code (as in DukeSix, KiteSix etc.)?), but the "Fallschirmjager is plain wrong and makes the whole site look very unproffessional even beforer someone has been there.

the term Fallschimrmjäger has an ä umlaut. since umlaute don't work in a domain, the only substitute is replacing the ä with an ae.

it is not only a cosmetic thing. Fallschirmjager spells a lot different than Fallschirmjäger/Fallschirmjaeger.

[ August 11, 2002, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

Hey kump ty for the great comments, I have added a "click here to return home" link to every navigation bar aswell.

Ya the Sneek preview pictures will be gone as soon as i get the game of course smile.gif

and to the domain name FallshirmJager6.com i made the site for my old WWIIONLINE regiment the 6th Fallschirmjager Rgt. but it has since disbanned. so i am trying to work with the server host and get the domain name changed without paying anymore money. and they still havent replyed to my email i may have to call them.

get the domain name changed without paying anymore money. and they still havent replyed to my email i may have to call them.

You will end up paying money. I give it a 99.99% chance, due to the way domain names work.

expect $33-50.

30-50 bucks? na Homestead the host im useing says t add another domain you only have to pay $2/mon and $10 setup fee. but that adds onto my Monthly fee of the package i got. so i wanted to know if i could change the domain name i already have fallschirmjager6.com to CMBBHQ.net or .com

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

I dunno what the six is suipposed to mean (referenmce to the antichrist?, or reference to a commander's radio code (as in DukeSix, KiteSix etc.)?), but the "Fallschirmjager is plain wrong and makes the whole site look very unprof :D fessional even beforer :D someone has been there.

;)

Not to us ignorant North Americans.

30-50 bucks? na Homestead the host im useing says t add another domain you only have to pay $2/mon and $10 setup fee. but that adds onto my Monthly fee of the package i got. so i wanted to know if i could change the domain name i already have fallschirmjager6.com to CMBBHQ.net or .com

Hmm, you need another link... http://members.shaw.ca/grossdeutschland/

smile.gif

Nice site :eek: Ill add it to the links now smile.gif

also gave me a good idea to add a Eastern Front history section. Nothing to big but a good breif lesson in it, and timeline mabye?

[ August 11, 2002, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: zee ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

I dunno what the six is suipposed to mean (referenmce to the antichrist?, or reference to a commander's radio code (as in DukeSix, KiteSix etc.)?), but the "Fallschirmjager is plain wrong and makes the whole site look very unprof :D fessional even beforer :D someone has been there.

;)

Not to us ignorant North Americans.</font>

Originally posted by Ozzy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

;)

Not to us ignorant North Americans.</font>