BFC, possible Ger. rocket FO glitch

Thought I'd hallucinated it before, but thanks to someone's having posted the German fire support menu, I've now decided I was right. What, praytell, is a 158mm and 214mm rocket? Neither of those fits any reference with which I'm familiar. If they're typos, please fix them in the pending patch.

Regards,

John Kettler

The closet Rocket Weapons listed in my "Handbook On German Military Forces" are:

15cm Nebelwerfer 41 (6 tube, 150mm caliber, mounted on a two wheel cart)

and the 21 cm Nebelwerfer 42 (5 barrel, 210mm caliber, also mounted on a two wheeled cart)

This book is a reprint of the March 1945 War Department manual TM-E 30-451. Over 600 pages of German information. It if was out there (and known by the Allies), it's in here. A fantastic book that should be on the shelf of any 20th Century Military History buff. Amazon.com has it. Go get it. Why are you still reading this? Go. Sheesh! ;)

As for the original question: Can't tell if it's a typo (doubtful) or they have even more info on the rocket type weapons. Dunno.

[ September 26, 2002, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Dogtoes ]

Originally posted by Dogtoes:

The closet Rocket Weapons listed in my "Handbook On German Military Forces" are:

15cm Nebelwerfer 41 (6 tube, 150mm caliber, mounted on a two wheel cart)

and the 21 cm Nebelwerfer 42 (5 barrel, 210mm caliber, also mounted on a two wheeled cart)

This book is a reprint of the March 1945 War Department manual TM-E 30-451. Over 600 pages of German information. It if was out there (and known by the Allies), it's in here. A fantastic book that should be on the shelf of any 20th Century Military History buff. Amazon.com has it. Go get it. Why are you still reading this? Go. Sheesh! ;)

As for the original question: Can't tell if it's a typo (doubtful) or they have even more info on the rocket type weapons. Dunno.

You can get the original TM-E 30-451 in .pdf format on the net at the MHI site.

Not a typo. One of my favourite reference source, Small Arms,Artillery and Special weapons Of The Third Reich, gives the 15cm Nebelwerfer 41 as having a calibre of 158.5mm and the 21cm Nebelwerfer 42 as having a calibre of 214.5mm. Spot on technical detail I think but just enough to throw anyone who recognised the weapons by their more common designations.