Close Combat II Missions

Guest Lord General MB

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers

I loved CC2. Theres not much more to say about that. But as we all know CM blows away CC! 3D!! So why are'nt there more CC2 based senerios out there?

Come on? Wouldn't It be fun to do stuff that you could never do in CC2 in CM?

(I'd love to use a 108mm gun on that bloody railroad bridge over th Lower Rhine. But the main idea lies on the fact that CC2 has GOOD missions, and GOOD terrain but it's not in 3D, it's not in full realisem, it laks plains, weather, equipment. CM can fix all this. I'm working on some myself, but I love to now If You guys have any out that I don't know about?

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

I have several - Oosterbeek and Groesbeek Landing Zones, Oosterbeek Cauldron, Groesbeek Heights, the Tulip Fields eek.gif

They're in testing at the moment, so hopefully not too long biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by krm (edited 09-01-2000).]

I have posted two operations which have CC2 maps directly incorporated into the overall operation map:

Arnhem Bridge Operation:

uses Arnhem Bridge map and loosly interpreted Arnhem West map

Son Operation:

uses Son Town, Son Bridge, and Son South maps

I might also do a Nijmegen Op soon.

Jeff Roland

Guest Lord General MB

Sirs,

krm, WOW! Can you send em my way when there finished??!! I'd LOVE to try them out (testing or playing!)!

pak40, I downloaded some of yours....

I think that the CC2 operations don't transfor to well, only battle (due to map size). Could you send me Nijmegen?

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Placing the CC2 maps in a larger environment is the best thing to do, I've found. The CC2 maps were too small ever for CC scale. This means that they are way too small for CM scale. Taking the CC maps and placing them in a surrounding environment is the way to go, either if it's done as an operation or a battle. Unfortunately the operations don't let the designer place objective flags which really makes the computer AI screwy when dealing with an objective oriented operation like Arnhem Bridge. Hopefully in CC2 we will have objective flags in operations.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hopefully in CC2 we will have objective flags in operations<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bite your tongue!!! (Just kidding; CC2 was the last wargame I played the heck out of and I'm glad to see these familiar sights but now in 3D...thanks for the efforts!)

Try Nijmegen!

I am doing it in a PBEM and it is a lot of fun.

It is the Allied river crossing and the battle for the city all in one battle.

I am being Axis and I fear for the worst frown.gif

The Americans, despite MASSIVE losses, have crossed the river in boats and are engaging my forces on my side of the river. I can only hold them off for so long... Ammo running low...Vastly outnumbered....Plus their ungodly smoke!

And in the town on their side of the river. My forces are trapped! Their is no sense trying to cross the bridge to get to my side! House to house fighting is going on, as the Allies rush to get to the bridge before I blow it up! I have already demolished the railroad bridge, and I have now decided to give up hope on ALL my guys on that side of the river and demolish the highway bridge too! Houses are blowing up like crazy over there and I am happy to see several Allied tanks burning in the streets. My reinforcements appeared in a CRAPPY place, and all got shot up before they could rotate to shoot the threat. Maybe I'll be able to blow the bridge in time....

Von Brizee, could you please enlighten me on how you blew up the RR bridge and how you plan to blow up the highway bridge? I didn't think that was possible, even if you drop arty on it. So if you could share this that'd be great.

I played this as the US against the German AI. It was very tough as the Americans. Couple things I didn't like about it but I thought it was a fairly decent recreation of the battle given the limitations of the game. Don't want to say more for fear of giving away spoilers but I would recommend playing it. One hint if you're the americans. Look for a tank in a heavy building. It's obviously not supposed to be there and you can't move it out of the building, but you can fire out of it.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

SPOILERS

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

Well, to blow up the bridge, just have things target the same spot on it. I blew up the railroad bridge by firing at it for 3 turns with my Stuh42. The highway bridge should take a bit more but I think I can do it. Trying to withdraw my Puma with smoke first tho