Help needed for new King Tiger mod

Grogs, frogs, ladies and gentlemen,

You may have seen a picture of this new King Tiger mod I'm working on KingTigerZimm.jpg

Image courtesy of MODs & MODers

I'm looking for information on the markings that appeared on the KTs of the various Schwere Panzer Abteilung (Abteilungen? smile.gif ) that fought in the West. I've got a fair representation of the different styles of tactical numbers, and have examples of the unit symbols, but almost no examples showing those unit symbols being actually used on the vehicles. So, any corroboration one way or the other would be appreciated.

Feel free to e-mail me at "gordonemolek@earthlink.net" or respond in this thread.

Thanks,

Gordon

Mattias, thanks.

bfamily33 - Yes, along with whitewashed and snow-covered versions, and there will even be some "guest" painters. smile.gif

panzerwerfer42 - Yes, not historical, but I can understand why some would want it, so I'll probably end up doing a "hasty" anyway.

PawBroon - Now that's a threat that's hard to ignore.

Anyone else out there with any markings information?

Thanks,

Gordon

Just a thought. If your Tiger's got Zimmerit then it'd be too early for factory-applied "ambush" camou. It'd be too early for the cool late-war red primer & green camou pattern too. A Zimm tiger would prety much be limited to the standard factory camou pattern.

Perhaps I'm getting a bit too "armor grog" for you here.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Just a thought. If your Tiger's got Zimmerit then it'd be too early for factory-applied "ambush" camou. It'd be too early for the cool late-war red primer & green camou pattern too. A Zimm tiger would prety much be limited to the standard factory camou pattern.

Perhaps I'm getting a bit too "armor grog" for you here.

MikeyD,

The mono-color KT will be available in both zimmerit and non-zimmerit versions with a variety of tactical and unit markings. There will be a snow-covered and whitewashed version. I'll be doing a re-make of my s.Pz.Abt. 503 "striped" mod and there will be "guest" modders who will be doing the bi-color, tri-color and ambush versions.

bfamily33,

(groan) :rolleyes:

Gordon