Mickey Maus

The thing that cracks me up is that supposedly Hitler wanted the Maus to be a "mobile" fortification to bolster the Atlantic Wall... "mobile" my foot. Achtungpanzer.com said that if the Maus broke down, it would take *two other 'Mice'* to tow the thing! Good luck getting it over bridges and climbing over ridges w/o breaking the suspension.

[ November 02, 2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Hitler was notorious for his stupidity about the Atlantic wall, although I am sure all of you grogs know much more about it than I do.. what were those two channel islands he doused in concrete to 'fortify against invasion' that did nothing?

Well according to a Steel Panthers scenario Three Mice were sent to the eastern fron... er part of Germany. But they both broke down and had to be abandoned before they saw any action. Also, wasn't there a Mouse defending some government building in Berlin (only it lacked some vital part that would allow it to move on its own so it was just a giant pillbox).

Originally posted by Lord General MB:

B) Was never built excpet for one prototype that never had a turret...

I think there were two or more completed. Pics below show 3 different paintsjobs. (uncamoed one can be same vehicle than either of below) But anyway it doesnt belong to CM. So many more common vehicles that clearly saw service are not included.

Maus08.gif

maus_1.jpg

maus_01.jpg

maus_03.jpg

[ November 02, 2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: illo ]

Good luck getting it over bridges and climbing over ridges w/o breaking the suspension.

From what I understand, there were very few bridges in Europe at the time that would hold the weight of the thing.

128mm Main gun with a 75mm "Coax"? Who the heck designed the Maus anyway? Tim "The Tool Man" Tayler?

"What this Panzer needs is moer power! Agh Agh Agh!"

>>what were those two channel islands he doused in >>concrete to 'fortify against invasion' that did >>nothing?

The two main Channel Islands are Guernsey and Jersey, I live in Guernsey and there is still a lot of the Atlantic Wall around. Practically everywhere you go there is a German fortification of one kind or another.

Alderney (a smaller island) had an SS concentration camp on it where Russian prisoners were housed to work on the Atlantic Wall.

Colin

P 1000 would be armed with a variety of weapons such as: two 280mm gun (naval gun used in Scharnhorst and Gneisenau warships), single 128mm gun, eight 20mm Flak 38 anti-aircraft guns and two 15mm Mauser MG 151/15 gun.

This is your brain on drugs, Counter-Stike, or both. Any questions?

Originally posted by Nippy:

P 1000 would be armed with a variety of weapons such as: two 280mm gun (naval gun used in Scharnhorst and Gneisenau warships), single 128mm gun, eight 20mm Flak 38 anti-aircraft guns and two 15mm Mauser MG 151/15 gun.

This is your brain on drugs, Counter-Stike, or both. Any questions?

How the hell would they support such a thing with ammo and fuel ? And wouldnt it be vulnerable to infantry ?