Is this a record ?? ( screenie included )

I just finished a scenario, and after the AAR i inspected the map.

Checking scores for units, i discovered one of my SS Moterized Infantery squads scored 21 casualties !!!

Is this a record ??

btw I got the SS units with the scenario, i never buy SS units myself.

Here is the "proof" screenie :

cm0085.jpg

Monty aka Moose

I had an American Airborne squad with over 40 once. The other squads in the platoon did well too. At the end of the scenario I think only 6 or 8 guys in the entire platoon were left alive but had accounted for three times their number.

Q

My best so far was an elite US paratroop squad that killed 39, with three losses. That whole platoon did pretty well, too; at least one other squad was over 20.

Of course, all of the scores mentioned so far were probably higher in reality. The game only gives you confirmed kills perceived through the fog of war (which is why arty FO's often show "No Kills" even when they've clearly whomped the bejeezus out of the enemy.)

[ October 19, 2002, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

In a city fight I had once a regular Gebirgsjaeger squad with 46 kills 9US veteran rifle 44). The other two squads had 30 and 16 kills. However only 3 men of the squads with 46 kills suryiyed, all other including the HQ's were killed. The 3 guys being under command of a comapny HQ with good bonuses still were fighting against some more US inf at the end of the game...

Originally posted by tools4fools:

In a city fight I had once a regular Gebirgsjaeger squad with 46 kills 9US veteran rifle 44).

Hehe... Yup, Gerbies in limited LOS situations have racked up some pretty high kills for me before as well.

I mentioned this in another thread, but recently I finished a CMBB game where a German 250/8 HT took out 48 partisans. The large majority of those kills were the product of 3 cannister shots that took out (I think) 9, 6, and 16 guys. The last shot was at or near two squads unwisely bunched together, and too shaken to move.

Makes me wonder what double-loaded cannister did at close range to grouped regimental lines in the Civil War.

Originally posted by tools4fools:

In a city fight I had once a regular Gebirgsjaeger squad with 46 kills 9US veteran rifle 44). The other two squads had 30 and 16 kills. However only 3 men of the squads with 46 kills suryiyed, all other including the HQ's were killed. The 3 guys being under command of a comapny HQ with good bonuses still were fighting against some more US inf at the end of the game...

To my surprise and delight, I've just had (in CM:BB, obviously) a green partisan 43 squad end the game with 3 losses to itself and 46 kills, mostly crack German rifle 41 and recon 41 squads, to judge from the bodies strewn around its foxhole at the end of the game.

The whole platoon it belonged to (all green but for one conscript squad) recorded 85 kills for 7 losses. A 12:1 kill ratio for green against crack troops is fairly respectable, I think, even fighting from foxholes in woods. All were still holding their foxholes on a wood edge at the end of the game. Serzhant Lapkin and Leitnant Bayunov will be in line for an Order of the Red Banner, at least.

Fortunately for me, my computer opponent continued to feed its crack squads in dribs and drabs into the killing zone to the platoon's front, and the hummock just in front of the treeline prevented any suppressive fire from long range being brough to bear, making it effectively a reverse-slope defence.

The computer's other thrust ran into a mess of barbed wire, mines and Maxims, and did little better. In a spookily-symmetrical result, I had 155 men left and 38 casualties, and the computer's Germans had 38 men left and 155 casualties.

This QuickBattle was generated using automatically-chosen forces for both sides and every possible setting set to "random". Huge fun -- I shall try that again, I think.

All the best,

John.