Combining Games for Results

Has anybody attempted to combine a proven Operational System like OPART with CMBO resolving at the tactical level? I've been playing around with it lately, having OPART handle supply, interdiction, movement, for operational scale engagements which feed information (Unit Assesments) for resolution in CMBO. Just wondering if anyone's done anything similiar or had any experiences with the theory.

Originally posted by Nac4:

Has anybody attempted to combine a proven Operational System like OPART with CMBO resolving at the tactical level? I've been playing around with it lately, having OPART handle supply, interdiction, movement, for operational scale engagements which feed information (Unit Assesments) for resolution in CMBO. Just wondering if anyone's done anything similiar or had any experiences with the theory.

Out of a matter of interest, what is "OPART"?

The Operational Art of War by Norm Koger. Referred to as TOAW, OAW, OPART, TAOW, even WOTY ("Wargame of the year" edition), COW ("Century of Warfare" edition)... you name it.

Somehow it took me about a month to figure out what the "BO" means in the acronym CMBO so often used in this forum.

Originally posted by Sergei:

The Operational Art of War by Norm Koger. Referred to as TOAW, OAW, OPART, TAOW, even WOTY ("Wargame of the year" edition), COW ("Century of Warfare" edition)... you name it.

Somehow it took me about a month to figure out what the "BO" means in the acronym CMBO so often used in this forum.

Thanks. I've only ever read the abbreviation TOAW.

I've been actually looking at it for a campaign I'm planning but abandoned it, because of some problems I'm having at the moment with my copy of TOAW. I think it had potential, if you kept the scale relatively small.

Originally posted by Nac4:

How do you prevent TOAW from resolving combat? It seems that this would be necessary in order for the system to work because the resolution in TOAW would be different than the resolution in CM.