Close air attacks

Originally posted by cpt.walker:

How do I do this? The manual talks about it, but I can't find where it says how to do it. :mad:

Buy them... and hope for the best. Since we are not dealing with a time of tight integration between ground and air forces, the presence of CAS units in game represents planes in the area hunting for targets of opprotunity. THey attack when and where they want...

THey are a two edged sword. THey can completely destroy an enemy and make your work little more than mopping up... or they might just mis-ID YOU and drop on your positions (I guess everyone looks like ants to them).

Then again, they might not show up at all!

If you purchased a fighter-bomber or if one was assigned to you by the scenario designer it will just show up when it wants to. First you will hear the sound of an aircraft engine and then on the next turn the plane will attack. On the first attack turn it will drop its underwing ordnance, either bombs or rockets, and on subsequent attack runs it will fire its machine guns. If the enemy has any anti-aircraft guns they will fire at the airplane, making it easier for you to know when it is attacking. You will never see the plane itself, just its shadow as it passes over the battlefield.