Time to play

I was wondering about how much time it takes to play a TCP/IP game of CMBB in general. I would like to be able to estimate how long a game might take and since don't play enough my self so i hope that you all could contribute to my project by giving me some data.

I assume that time depends on map size, point’s number and turn length and that it varies between players. The following format might be appropriate:

Game time (rounded to the nearest 30 min)

Number of turns

Map size

I promise to make a nice diagram from the data

3-4 hours for things like a 1250 attack or 1500 ME in CMBB.

I had 1500 pointer MEs in CMBO go to 6 hours on a regular basis, but since infantry isn't that much used anymore it doesn't take as long in CMBB. The first turns take longer, but CMBB battle become more fluent over time for me.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Infantry isn't used much anymore in ME QBs?! Verrry interesting. Sounds like it could be a little gamey too. :D It's interesting to see how the QB cherry picking develops.

What I meant is rather that whatever infantry you have will not take much effort to manage at some point in time. Not neccessarily because they are dead or broken, but the waypoint delay feature keeps you from plotting lots of detailed paths. And then of course there are the units exhausted for the rest of the game from auto-sneak...

The MEs I fought so far have seen quite much infantry on my side. If you manage to rush them onto the flags while keeping enemy fire low, then the enemy has a very hard time moving his own infantry against your heavy smallarms fire. Once in houses or craters (three cheers to pre-battle damage!) they are pretty robust.

I also find that even when I would like to do a vehicle and heavy weapons game I need infantry because I need the HQs for observation, for directing on-map mortar fire, to ralley MGs or to give stealth to tank hunter teams. Since you cannot buy HQs alone you end up with squads.

EDIT: anybody figured out what the cheapest platoons and companies are? need to cherry-pick HQs :D

[ October 29, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Oh, I see. Redwolf is just saying that infantry movement does not take as long as it used to due to players plotting less waypoints, and also because units become exhausted from sneaking away from enemy fire. It simply takes less time to give orders to infantry later in the game than was common for the same size CMBO battle. Orders phases progress quicker, which relates to the original topic of this thread.

Treeburst155 out.