New Scenario, "Fear Filled Day" now available!

Its been some time since we have given you guys anything new, so I am happy to announce that our new battle "Fear Filled Day" is now ready for your enjoyment. You can get it at the Scenario Zone or the Combat Mission Scenario Depot, both links are in my signature.

Now here is some info on the battle:

Title: Fear Filled day

Type: Canadian attack, German defence (Fictional)

Place: Somewhere in Eastern France

Date: Sometime in September 1944

Weather: Clear

Length: 32 Turns

Ground Condition: Dry

Best First Played as: Either Side (Allies, if playing vs. AI)

In mid-September 1944 Canadian, American, and British forces, were pushing their way through eastern France, towards, Belgium, and Germany itself. In an area of North Eastern France, a crack German Fallschirmjager, regiment had setup defences in the steep hills of two small valleys, and they were ready to hold these positions till, either the Germans launched a counter attack, or had fought to the last man. The Canadian First Army, by this time was clearing out German forces on the coast of France, but one unit was still fighting slightly inland. This unit was ordered to clear the Fallschirmjager from one of these well defended valleys, and to do it quickly so the British could move supplies through the area.

Made and Tested by the Combat! Scenario Design Team

Scenario Designer: Rob "Panzerman" Disney

Scenario Testers: Rob "Panzerman" Disney, Tom "Warmonger" Grace,

Jon Pick, and Doug Beman

[ July 05, 2002, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

check out my may 1940 scenario at the depot:)

the AI does a good fight from both sides,it took a lot of testing to achieve that.

besides you dont have to be stupid to loose against the AI :D

your membernumber is funny though it only differs one number from mine smile.gif

Originally posted by Stoffel:

check out my may 1940 scenario at the depot:)

the AI does a good fight from both sides,it took a lot of testing to achieve that.

besides you dont have to be stupid to loose against the AI :D

your membernumber is funny though it only differs one number from mine smile.gif

Only 1 number, but 2 years smile.gif Oddly enough, your registration date, Jan 5th, is my Birth Date :D

Originally posted by Heinz 25th PzReg:

Got a MAJOR victory playing the Allies using default setup... Cool battle, but perhaps you should give the Germans some more armor?

We could do some more testing and see how that would go, but I am guessing it wont happen. This is the first report of a major victory in this battle, it was never achieved in testing, more than once, but I knew the setup of the German forces. ;)

Originally posted by Stoffel:

correct,but I have been lurking from the start of the beta demo.

got addicted to the game only after the golddemo came out.

do we have the same age too? smile.gif

Ummmmm, dunno, your birthdate isn't showing in your profile smile.gif

I just went to the Scenario Zone to download this scenario and realized that:

1. I've never been there before. (How could that have happened?)

2. It's a neat site with a lot of cool looking scenarios that I've also never seen before..

If you've been getting the feeling that you've seen/played everything, I'd recommend a visit. :D:D

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Thanks for saying so CombinedArms. We have been around for almost a year... our older battles may not be as good but we are getting better all the time. smile.gif

Glad to oblige!

BTW, I couldn't resist trying Fear Filled Day right away as Allies vs. the AI, and I also got a MAJOR victory, like Heinz 25th PzReg. Result was 78-22, with computer surrendering on the next to last turn.

It's a very cool battle with a lot of excitement and challenge, and I don't think it's a problem that an experienced player can win a major vs. AI with no bonuses. That's actually a fairly normal outcome. I think against a human player, or the AI with bonuses, it would play very evenly.

BTW, which would you say are your more recent, and thus better, scenarios among the ones at your site?

Originally posted by Panzerman:

Thanks for saying so CombinedArms. We have been around for almost a year... our older battles may not be as good but we are getting better all the time. smile.gif

Glad to oblige!

BTW, I couldn't resist trying Fear Filled Day right away as Allies vs. the AI, and I also got a MAJOR victory, like Heinz 25th PzReg. Result was 78-22, with computer surrendering on the next to last turn.

It's a very cool battle with a lot of excitement and challenge, and I don't think it's a problem that an experienced player can win a major vs. AI with no bonuses. That's actually a fairly normal outcome. I think against a human player, or the AI with bonuses, it would play very evenly.

BTW, which would you say are your more recent, and thus better, scenarios among the ones at your site?

Finished this one last night, as the allies and got a hard fought draw. 52-48. Good Scenario with a few surprises, but I think the Germans were to strong. Maybe one less Inf. Gun or lose the STUG.

I personally can't see how you could lose against the AI as the Germans in this one, but thats just me.

Hum interesting... some different thoughts on what could be changed. We can play around with it in time. Working on the Fellowship of the newbies tournaments, battles are taking most of our time though. Another round of testing with these ideas can be done though.