Nividia 32 mg card and 2000 pt games

Voxman

Originally posted by JPSeiler:

I have a Geforce 2 MX400 (32MB i think) and a athalon 1200, 640 MB Ram and the most games work fine, all details are set to full.

Ok cant play the Stalingrad Oparition, but i think the most cant ;)

Greetings

Jean-Pierre

This is one of the reasons I'm disappointed there isn't a FPS counter, so we can give quantitative answers to questions like this.

I suspect that a GeForce card with lots of video memory makes a *very* nice difference. I only have a PIII 866, but I recently put in a GeForce4 Ti 4200 with 128 meg, and I've had no trouble at all scrolling around any of the maps in even the big scenarios.

I'm running 600x800 with "Extreme" tree cover, doodads and weather, and 4x FSAA on. My guess is that the graphics card does all the heavy lifting when you're scrolling the map and the processor takes it's turn at bat when you're calculating the turn.

- Old Dog

Originally posted by murpes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JPSeiler:

I have a Geforce 2 MX400 (32MB i think) and a athalon 1200, 640 MB Ram and the most games work fine, all details are set to full.

Greetings

Jean-Pierre

This is one of the reasons I'm disappointed there isn't a FPS counter, so we can give quantitative answers to questions like this.</font>

I run on a Nvida 128 card. With everthing turned on to extreme, I get some slowdown. I set everything to partial and have slowdown only on the largest maps. I think it is not just your system, but a limitation of the game engine. I think my problem is more RAM is needed. I run at 256. 512 wouldn't hurt I bet, but I am not gonna worry about it, since my favorit scenarios tend to be medium to small in scale anyway.

Originally posted by murpes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JPSeiler:

Greetings

Jean-Pierre

This is one of the reasons I'm disappointed there isn't a FPS counter, so we can give quantitative answers to questions like this.</font>

Originally posted by muzzlehead:

I hate to say it but the big stuff still slows down even with a G4 Ti 4400 . The stalingrad operation is slow. I have 256 ram, pent 4 2000mhz

but the game is still sweet and the nividia card makes all things blow up wonderfully :D

My specs are pretty close to yours (my PIV is a 1.5mhz) and I have the same problem. It's gotta be the game engine's limitations.

Originally posted by JPSeiler:

Greetings

Jean-Pierre

Of course you can't play it. NONE of us are meant to play it. It's just there as a big tease to torment us mortals with machines like Athlon 1800+, 512MB PC2700 DDR, GeForce3 Ti200... You DO know who the creator is, don't you???

Originally posted by Voxman:

At 1000 points my card plays well, at 2000 points my card really bogs down.

I am thinking I may purchase a Nividia T1 4200 128 mg card.

How is everybody else finding the game, from a video card perspective ?

Cordially,

Voxman

Go with the TI 4200, great video card and will remedy your problems.