-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Rune, you dog! I played my first game against the AI (my first full CMBB game at all for that matter) in your scenario Jagermeister. I was told in the briefing that ther was no enemy armor to challange me! Even though I knew that was not going to be the case. tongue.gif The AI suprised me with a flank attack and SLAUGHTERED more than half of my Russian armor with no loss to it's forces!! :eek: Did you place a reinforcement there, or was the computer wise enough to flank me? I guess I can look in the editor, but I hate you anyway for allowing the AI to hand me a Major Defeat! :mad: ;)

[ September 29, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Wow. It flanked me alright. A platoon of Tigers came in from a set of small hills from the west and used excellent hull down positions (and their superior optics :rolleyes: ) to smash more than half my armor in a shoot-out from 510 meters. Man, those 122mm guns have a slow reload time! The Tigers were getting in 2.5 shots for every one of mine!! :eek:

In regards to the Jagermeister scenario, I've only managed a draw twice. Granted, there were some nice moments, like the KV flame tank mauling a German counterattack in the village or infantry ambushing a Panther or two that wandered into town, but on the whole I'm finding attacking A LOT more challenging vs the AI.

Originally posted by Peterk:

Is anyone beating the AI??? :eek:

Reading lots of messages of people getting totally tanked by the computer, and it's a bit surprising.

I believe that I am. Right now, I'm on the 20th turn and there are at least 13 Soviet AFVs knocked out or abandoned AND I haven't lost a single Panther or Tiger! Two ATGs are gone, but they did their share along with a panzerschreck team that is intact but ammo-less.

I didn't accept the default set ups and brought my Panthers up to give enfilade fire [with nice hull-down positions] on anything that came towards the town down that road. (I also shifted my infantry to IMO more sensible postions too.) All attacks have failed miserably. smile.gif I'm off to finish it and I'll give a complete report when I'm done.

Well, I just finished Jaegermiester and I have to say that I liked it VERY much. Not necessarily because I got a Total Victory against it with playing the Germans (91% to 9%), but because there was so much that was unexpected in it. (I don't think that spoils anything.)

I think the key is to go ahead and be brave enough to set up your own units where you want them and think where they'll be needed.

This is the best one that I'be played so far. Thanks Rune!