Wav's of German pronunciation

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Yea, that's Finnish, that ! No can do, eh ? ;)

Correct. smile.gif My late grandfather was actually part Finnish (the other part British - yeah, don't ask) but I never made it that far in learning the language. I did see Talvisota with no subtitles, though. smile.gif

Hey, the pronunciation is (almost) correct... I'm german, so I know the language ;)

Only the pronunciation of 'Sturmgeschütz' should be a little bit different. The 'St' at the beginning is not like in 'standard', it's more like 'sht' in 'Ashton'. The 'standard'-pronunciation is correct, but only used in certain regional dialects.

Originally posted by pakfan:

The 'St' at the beginning is not like in 'standard', it's more like 'sht' in 'Ashton'. The 'standard'-pronunciation is correct, but only used in certain regional dialects.

You know, that is how I've actually always pronounced it, but I thought it was incorrect. smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up.

Originally posted by Emil Seibold:

The Germans have an odd way of pronouncing things. Like W's as V's. But then again they thing English speaking people are very funny with our silent letters. Such as Knee-we don't pronounce the K, but to a German thats very odd. Oh, my Kaaneee instead of my nee.

You mean like Pfeffer doesn't have a silent P?

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

[QB]Ahem.

But try this for a change : Panssarintorjuntakanuuna seitsemänkymmentäviisi.

Are you sure that's not Sanskrit for "He, who so ever sees these words posted anywhere at any time gains imidiate enlightenment, or maybe not, you see it all depends on how God, as he may, or may not exist, feels about that individual at that given moment, OM."

;)