KV-1 rear MG

Pud

Just woondering can something be tweaked?

If you target infantry behind your KV-1 and say "no" to use main gun, it will get 1 or 2 shots off with its rear MG then turn turret around to use its front MG. Any chance of making it use the rear one instead?

I expect this would be a engine rewrite issue but I thought I would ask, be it a big one.

Pud, I will mentioned this to Chalres but the rear MG pretty much looks after itself, as does the Hull MG.

The problem is that if we make the tweak, there will be no way to make the forward turret MG target a target towards its rear. I have no idea why one might want to do this but rest assured that if we make the change, people will find a reason smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

The problem is that if we make the tweak, there will be no way to make the forward turret MG target a target towards its rear. I have no idea why one might want to do this but rest assured that if we make the change, people will find a reason smile.gif

Dan

I would also go for the tweak.

Not complaining just make a suggestion. :D

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Just a stooopid thought: if one sets a vehicle arc to front of tank/turret and then targets something behind the tank/turret, would it do the trick?

Nope, because as soon as you target something outside of the Covered Arc, said arc is cancelled.

Originally posted by von Lucke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

Just a stooopid thought: if one sets a vehicle arc to front of tank/turret and then targets something behind the tank/turret, would it do the trick?

Nope, because as soon as you target something outside of the Covered Arc, said arc is cancelled.</font>

Originally posted by Pud:

What happens when the KV1 runs out of ammo for forward facing mg(s). Will it rotate turret around to use rear mg? Im hoping not?

I think not. The smart CM crews will shift the ammo from the rear MG to the forward MG's.

I think I read on this board that tank MG's share ammo. Meaning either all are out of ammo or none.

I can't find the reference but I've read that the rear machinegun on the KV an IS series was virtually worthless in combat. With the KV series this is especially true, because without a cupola, the gun was completely blind. I think the way things are now is the most realistic. If I find the reference I'll let you know.