New Scenario - Expert Attackers Only

Just finished playtesting of a new scenario called "If a Frog Had Wings".

It is March, 1945. Elements of the 3rd Armored are advancing in Germany, and have been given orders to secure an old military school and what they believe to be a veritable treasure trove of German government documents. Startled by the speed of the Allied advance, the Germans are frantically trying to load the building's contents into trucks and dispose of them...the local Volksturm, augmented by a few anti-tank assets are determined to hold the Americans off for long enough to get rid of the documents.

To this end a defense in depth has been emplaced on the approach to the old school. While Allied aircraft have mercilessly punished the area, the Germans believe they can hold off up to twice their strength of infantry and a large number of enemy armor. This belief is going to be put to the test.

This is a scenario for experienced attackers only and will REQUIRE tactics beyond that of simply driving down the road. This is a scenario that will test even a high level player against the AI...if you think you have what it takes, go to the Scenario Depot (www.dragonlair.net/combatmission/ ) or email me and I will send you the file. Expect to be in contact immediately and be prepared to use your engineers to clear mines!

Good Luck!

jwxspoon

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: jwxspoon ]

Coming shortly Ugbash - a quick note for you:

1. Everybody gets creamed the first time they play. The next time you play the AI will have moved the forces around but your tactic will be better.

2. You will be in contact almost immediately. Don't start advancing until you know what you're into.

3. If you go left you'll run into part of the defense. If you go right you'll run into part of the defense. If you go straight you'll run into all of the defense, which is built around stopping you on the road. Why then does eneryone ignore me and go down the road.... heheh

Enjoy!

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

JWXspoon

I saw v1.1 up at the depot...

I am looking desperately for a scenario that the AI can beat me in. Please send v2.0 my way, and I will give it a shot.. ;)

the hard part is finding a way to make the AI beat you, without it being because of the fact that the player ran out of ammo, or that there simply wasnt any realistic way for them to prevail, like being outnumbered 3 to 1 or somefink..

lawsona@home.com

Thanks!

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: *Captain Foobar* ]</p>