Human Hull Down?

Just wanted to know when a squad has a hight advantage on a crest,not the slope,doesn't this essentially make them "hulldown" or hide most of there bodies except a small portion of their heads and arms making them harder to hit then the enemy exposed on the slope?Is this modeled in CM?

Should it be or am I crazy?

1. It is currently not modeled in CM.

2. You are right and not crazy - it is an interesting aspect that might be worth considering for the future.

3. please note that crest hull down status is not always an advantage for a soldier. he might be highlighted against the sky background, making it much easier for the enemy to spot and aim at him (=his head).

It does however offer some very real benefits in CM. Incoming direct HE fire is very likely to miss, either by hitting the "edge" in front of your unit or sail overhead and explode harmlessly downrange.

This way you can increase the survivability of both infantry and AT guns significantly.

I think Fionn introduced many of us to this tactic, in one of the early AAR's, when he thoroughly clobbered his tank heavy opponent in a vicious infantry counter attack.

M.

It never ceases to amaze me must how virulent the Cesspool is, no question is too small or too big to be infected.

I mean nowadays one cannot even take to the clear blue skies of the Crimea in ones trusty old G2 without being beset by a toilet bowl crested flying circus...

I like it though, a lot actually. Habitually dwelling in the high halls of the Grog cathedral I have this warm fuzzy feeling of safety knowing that no evil, high or low, can pass the primal in-sanity of the pool. Just the kind of anarchy people need to cure us, not to mention them, of some of those ridiculous illusions of grandeur.

M

Often, if I have a large expanse of open ground I have to cross with my troops, I will search for a fold in the ground. If you make your troops run more than about 100 meters they get too tired to recover in one turn. So I rush them from fold to fold, giving them a hide command when they reach their destination for that turn. Seems to work

Michael