CM in the news!

"In 2000 Battlefront.com released the most innovative game of the previous decade when they put Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord in their storefront. The game used standard turn-based ordering, and mated it with a real-time enactment of those orders. It was fun, intense, and completely new. Better still, it sold like hotcakes -- at least for a game marketed only on the Internet. "

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/february02/strat04/index2.shtm

-marc sullivan

Guest SnarkerII
Originally posted by jeffsmith:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Macs?

Yuk :D

Your Absolutely Correct

Oh Wait CMBO & CMBB are coded on Macs

</font>

Hey BTS, I think it's only fair that with Gamespy being so nice to you guys, that you return them a favor by allowing them the privilege of hosting CMBO/CMBB on the Gamespy Arcade Server.

What a dream come true ;) . No more tumbleweeds blowing through the opponent finder thread. No more unsolicited messages from Russian girls named Natasha on ICQ. No more lost PBEMs. Total instant CMBO gratification 24/7. Of course, a CMBO/CMBB server right here would be just fine too (no I am not going to pay for it tongue.gif ). Oh well that is my wish and my rant, I will keep clicking my combat boots together and chanting "there is no place like Gamespy."

Originally posted by wodasini88:

gamespy is crap and it would exclude the mac community from CMBB since gamespy is PC only

Macs are better than PC's, thats my view :D

I only wish the two combat missions would/will be added to Game Ranger, a free Mac Multiplayer service, refer www.gameranger.com

If at all possible could Battlefront.com just give it a thought? I know I'd definately play more Muli-player games against other people if it was easier to find em. Gamespy sucks! tongue.gif

Guest SnarkerII
Originally posted by EvoRoadster:

"Wow! Thank God someone finally found a good use for a Mac! "

It dragged the PC into the GUI-world. :D

...kicking and screaming, IIRC!! :D

I remember when I had my 286 (which was the mutts nuts at the time) and games came out for Atari ST first, Mac second and PC about a year after the first two.

*shudder*

Mind you, since I don't buy games any more, what with 90% of them being dull and wanky and aimed at 6 years olds, and the other 10% being not as much fun as Combat Mission - I don't mind that the world has been absorbed by consoles.

Guest BigAlMoho
Originally posted by EvoRoadster:

"Wow! Thank God someone finally found a good use for a Mac! "

It dragged the PC into the GUI-world. :D

Wow! I thought the Commodore Amiga did that...

Al

Okay, since this is de-evolving into a PC vs Mac war it will stop RIGHT NOW.

I will leave this thread open but you are ALL WARNED.

Both PC's and Mac's have their intended audiences and uses.

While I was still working in computer configurations I was asked by someone which type of computer I preferred and what he should buy, since I built/used them every day. I told my inquistive friend this "Whichever you are most comfertable with."

That is still true today.

Madmatt

[ March 05, 2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

While I was still working in computer configurations I was asked by someone which type of computer I preferred and what he should buy, since I built/used them every day. I told my inquistive friend this "Whichever you are most comfertable with."

That is still true today.

You're just a shill for The Man, Matt.

Regarding GameRanger, that was discussed a year or two ago. I think the bottom line was that, while it might not be too hard, given the limited manpower resources available to BTS they chose to focus on building and improving the game rather than adding support for services that lots of their customers might not use anyway. They didn't rule it out for the future, but I don't think it's really on their radar, either.