What is missing from the demo...

First off: Don't get me wrong, the Demo is great, but I feel that there's is something missing...

I think what's missing is an even scenario like "A Chance Encounter".

The scenarios in the demo are fairly lopsided and while they do show the improvements in Defense it makes for more limited replay value. C'mon, how many times did you play Vallet of Trouble or Chance Encounter? Dozens in my case ;)

Wait for the game I guess.

Gyrene

Originally posted by Gyrene:

First off: Don't get me wrong, the Demo is great, but I feel that there's is something missing...

The scenarios in the demo are fairly lopsided and while they do show the improvements in Defense it makes for more limited replay value. C'mon, how many times did you play Vallet of Trouble or Chance Encounter? Dozens in my case ;)

Gyrene

Chance Encounter is even? Roxy just handed me my ass in that one, due to unimaginative use of my StuGs, and a bit of luck in her...his...part...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gyrene:

Gyrene

Chance Encounter is even? Roxy just handed me my ass in that one, due to unimaginative use of my StuGs, and a bit of luck in her...his...part...</font>

Chance Encounter and VoT are not exactly even (I've played each dozen of times), but I do agree that the scenarios in this demo are not really suited for PBEM. Yenia Stare is not very imaginative. Citadel is unbalanced if you are free to set up the russians, and then, it doesnt see much action until the 20th turn. I do miss the excitment and possibilities of CE and VoT, and wish we had a scenario good for PBEM like those to.

Epée

[ September 02, 2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Epée ]

Unlike the demo scenarios in CMBO these are meant to show you some of the new hurdles that will face you with combat on the Eastern Front as well as clearly show you how the new commands work and how they should be used.

Neither battle is meant to be anywhere near as replayable as the original demo ones.

If anything, this should be looked at more like a CMBB Primer to prepare you for the real game.

Remember one thing. When the CMBO beta demo came out there was another 8 months before the game shipped. This time you have but to wait less than 3 weeks.

Madmatt

[ September 02, 2002, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Unlike the demo scenarios in CMBO these are meant to show you some of the new hurdles that will face you with combat on the Eastern Front as well as clearly show you how the new commands work and how they should be used.

Neither battle is meant to be anywhere near as replayable as the original demo ones.

If anything, this should be looked at more like a CMBB Primer to prepare you for the real game.

Remember one thing. When the CMBO beta demo came out there was another 8 months before the game shipped. This time you have but to wait less than 3 weeks.

Madmatt

I can live with a 3 week wait. Maybe ;)

Mike: I need a slogan that will read correctly in Russian and also means something in English when read backwards. Lots of A's, T's & those reverse R's :D

Gyrene

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

Less then 3 weeks? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Originally posted by Gyrene:

Gyrene

You forget, with CMBO you had to wait considerably longer for the full game. CMBB will be shipping later this month

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gyrene:

Mike: I need a slogan that will read correctly in Russian and also means something in English when read backwards. Lots of A's, T's & those reverse R's :D

Gyrene

Is there an echo in the forum??? Why are you still here???

:confused: :mad: :confused: tongue.gif </font>