straight or zig zag

i'm on a hill attacking down into town with 150 meters of open ground. would i be better off to run my 2 stuarts straight thru the open ground at full speed or try to zig zag once or twice thru the open ground. i'm talking game mechanics more than the real world situation. in the real world i'd be back lobbing 4.2" mortar shells!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rhudat:

i like the idea of hitting those pesky atg's with mortar fire!!!! good idea!! should i hit em then smoke em then attack away from them or straight at them at full speed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

infantry attacks coupled with smoke & armour works best for me. get em pinned with FFE mortar barrage, then get some soldiers close to shoot em up. shure AT guns have HE ammo, but losing a couple men is better than losing a tank! try to always keep you AFV's out of the AT guns LOS. smoke has holes and so will your tanks . . .

Well, do you have infantry/scouts out in front? Are you advancing to contact? IMHO, use the move command instead of the hunt, your units will have better sighting and will fire on the move with fairly good accuracy. Going over the crest of a hill might put your AFV's in jepardy from units all over the map.