to put into the slots a certain way?

Timing: 2-3-3-6 settings on AMD platforms

2-3-3-6 settings on Intel platforms...

Do you do this in the bios-also

increasing ram voltage or OC-ing them

I tried in the bois and don't see it

where you can....Anyone???

Thank You... :D

Putting the RAM into certain slots usually only has an effect on "dual channel" configurations. The 2nd (and possibly 3rd and 4th) DIMM needs to be in a particular slot to enable the dual channel capabilities of certain motherboards. However this shouldn't really effect memory timing. I'm not overly familiar with how motherboards 'auto-detect' memory timings from SPD modules on the DIMMs. Typically this info is read from the SPD ROM on the DIMM and used to set the timings if you have your CMOS/BIOS setup to use 'detected values'. If your memory is mismatched (i.e. - one DIMM is slower than the other) I'm not sure how a motherboard accomodates that. Some may just use the first detected value (DIMM slot 0/1) or it may use the lowest value it finds among all of the DIMMs installed.

Anyway, here's a decent memory timing introduction from AMD. Intel often lists the timings in a reverse order from AMD in Pentium motherboard BIOSes.

Applying an over-voltage to your memory sometimes allows you to overclock the memory beyond its rated specs (i.e. - running it at 200/400MHz when it is actually 166/333 MHz rated). In order to do this your motherboard will need to support this feature. With most newer motherboards this is modifyable from the CMOS/BIOS setup. On other motherboards you may have to change a jumper (which limits the range of voltages available. Before doing this you should know what the native voltage requirement is for your memory (some memory require and over-voltage setting to run at their rated specs).

To access the 'memory over-voltage' setting on your ASUS A8V-E Deluxe motheroard, within the CMOS/BIOS setup go to Advanced menu and within there go to JumperFree Configuration. In here you'll see the setting Memory Voltage Adjustment which can provide values of 2.60 V to 3.00 V in .05 V steps (mentioned on page 4-29 of the motherboard manual). 2.6V to 2.7V is the standard setting for most DDR memory.

You can adjust the memory timings in the CMOS/BIOS setup from the Advanced menu and within there go to Chipset. This is listed on page 4-19 of the manual.