If anything should be turned into a senario for CM:BB, this is it!

Nippy

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the map size and the number of units in the demo scenarios representative for the full game?

I am asking because my computer (Celeron 466, G400) runs the demo scenarios at an acceptable speed (of course at the lowest graphics settings, which I do not mind) and I hope that is the case with the full game, too!! The number of (Russian) units in Yelnia is about the maximum I am ready to handle, too! Will this be a problem with the full version??

Regards,

Thomm

I would not call the demo scenarios representative. There were two of them, rather similar in structure by one author. There are 60 or so battles & ops on the CD, by a number of authors. Have no fear, most will work nicely on your celeron. They did on my slightly faster celeron.

The main arbitrator of ingame scrolling speed in CM is the video card and RAM anyhow, not the processor. That just comes into play when calculating turns.

WWB

Amazingly, it is called Royal Opponent. I forget the exact number of King Tigers in the attack, but it is correct, as are the Russian tanks. Besides, if I do remember, won't post it anyway, don't want to have spoilers in a battle no one but beta testers have even seen. Had help from from other sources as well for this one. This is one huge scenario however, but I ran it on a 366mhz and it worked.

Rune

Thanks for the encouraging info!

The size of maps/battles concerns me not primarily with respect to hardware, but to user time constraints, that is, big map = lot of distance to travel = many turns necessary, many units = many orders!!

Never played the huge scenarios of CMBO for that reason!

Regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Soddball:

Oh, I do so love the propaganda on that site. :rolleyes: It makes Goebbels look amateurish.

After being labeled "Sub-Human" by the Germans from 41 till 45, plus 50 years of Cold war lies about how their military hardware was junk, I figure the Russians earned some bragging rights.

Of course, that Paragraph from the Russian newspaper spewing out all the stuff about "superiour Russian optics" and such was good for a laugh.

Then again, don't tell me that people on this site don't believe German Propaganda.

"WTF Why didn't my single Tiger Tank stop an entire American Armor Division that was backed up with Air and Artillary support? Everyone knows that German tanks were made from a special Martian Moon metal that made them impervious to damaged and act like that car out of Stephin King's 'Christine'"

Originally posted by Soddball:

Oh, I do so love the propaganda on that site. :rolleyes: It makes Goebbels look amateurish.

Yes, the battle looks like fun, but the presentation of stalinist propaganda gets a little bit yawnworthy.

Which propaganda would that be then?

Calling the Russian tank cerws "professional"?

Pesonally I find the account remarkably free from propaganda, and completely free of jingoism - it's almost purely factual. sure there are some "heroic" "personal" accounts "There's 20 of them Comrade!! Well pass the aT ammunition then!" - whoopie do.

And the newspaper article could be out of any allied WW2 publication - just substitute American/British/anyone else for Russian.

At least it is credited and quoted in full. that's much better than using it as a historical "source"!!

[ September 18, 2002, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]