Love is all about the little things

Well we all know by now most of the major changes from CMBO to CMBB. But what about all the little things? I love the attention to detail and all the small changes that show how much BTS loves this game. :D

So hows about it peoples? What your favorite 'little' change in CMBB?

Oh yeah...my own favorite little thing is the trees that sway in the wind!

LOL- when I first saw it happen I thought it was because there were units there moving the vegetation around...oh well, even though that's not the case it still looks cool as all get out!

I would say the enemy fire kicking up dirt around your troops, is my favorite little thing.

But the trees swaying are cool, but the smoke and fire moving vs staying in one spot is also great. Oh and don't forget the new officers head gear.

Well I could go on and on.

Its all cool.

[ September 03, 2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Ooh ooh...I forgot something that impressed me last night...but can't remember if it was like this in CMBO as well. After one of my mortar teams moved up the field a bit, when he got settled back down, there was a little timer that appeared that counted down how many more seconds until he was setup and ready to fire. Thought that was awesome.

Originally posted by Danzig:

Ooh ooh...I forgot something that impressed me last night...but can't remember if it was like this in CMBO as well. After one of my mortar teams moved up the field a bit, when he got settled back down, there was a little timer that appeared that counted down how many more seconds until he was setup and ready to fire. Thought that was awesome.

It did take a few moments for MG's and mortars to set up in CMBO IIRC, but now we get a little timer! BTW, make sure you dont have them hide once they get to their new position, they wont begin setting up the support weapon!!

Chad

Definitely the distinction between various troop types. I can't get over the fact that the support men have less baggage than the infantry, and the best of all is the new officer uniforms and hats. I think that I was the one that proposed that idea on the Battlefront.com forums way back when...

Originally posted by Sgt Eagle:

Definitely the distinction between various troop types. I can't get over the fact that the support men have less baggage than the infantry, and the best of all is the new officer uniforms and hats. I think that I was the one that proposed that idea on the Battlefront.com forums way back when...

No you didn't!

Liebchen: Love the sig...been saying that in English to my Red Army troopies since I d/l the demo ;)

could ya mebbe Anglisise the Russian (?) so mebbe folks like me could mebbe pick that up in-game ;)

Oh yeah and to be on topic, I love the sound of the breaking glass and the whoosh or whatever when the molotov cocktain breaks on a MkIV ;)

[ September 03, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: pathfinder ]

Two things I thought sure people would notice by now but have not apparently mentioned were the ability to change how the camera rotates (it can revolve around a fixed point or turn in a small circle, at least I think that was new, I can't even recall if thats in CMBO anymore!) and the ability to rotate around a moving and padlocked unit without breaking the padlock. There is nothing cooler than watching a tank as it barrels down a road at high speed and spinning the camera to watch as the scenery goes by at high speeds while keeping the tank as the focal point.

I also like the enhanced panning depths and new x16 observation zoom mode. Can you tell I had much to do with the new camera stuff? ;)

Try it...

Madmatt

[ September 03, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]