Putting togethor a "New Players Guide"

A New Player’s Guide for posting to the web is needed to help with the learning curve. I am looking for information that would be helpful to new players just starting TCP/PBEM play. Weapons, units, tactics, effective purchasing, units vs. map parameters, PBEM tips and many more items not listed here.

Any information experienced players would like to contribute would be appreciated.

Contributed information posted will include credit (note on the web site) for the contributing player.

Information may also be mailed to

Abbott@tournamenthouse.com

Thank you for helping.

• 2 weeks later...

Way to go Abbott,

I happen to be working on an HTML "new mapper's guide" of sorts, entitled Mapper's Friend.

It will not only introduce newbies to the editor and it's functions, but delve into the balancing and aesthetics of a map.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

Way to go Abbott,

I happen to be working on an HTML "new mapper's guide" of sorts, entitled Mapper's Friend.

It will not only introduce newbies to the editor and it's functions, but delve into the balancing and aesthetics of a map.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice Clubfoot. I certainly would be pleased to link to it when you have it posted or post it along with the Players guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea!

I just hope it doesn't upset the boys at BTS...

I think I remeber them being a bit aprehensive about creating an Acrobat (.pdf) manual to somewhat curb the CD burner scabs.

If you do create a "guide" I personally would love to see the exelent information posted at http://members.tripod.com/johnnocmdow/unit1.htm for some good "porcelain research".

An Acrobat guide would be the best way to publish for it would take care of resolution, font and cross-platform ramifications.

If I can help in any way just drop me a note...

Publishing is my life... <sarcasm on> except for one piece of software I can't remember the title just now. <sarcasm off>

printt