Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tried other forums - thought someone might know...

Damaged buildings! How does on make them in the scenario (operatrion / battle) editor? Foxholes, I can do, damaged troops I can do, destoyed buildings, churches and bridges I can do, light or heavily damaged buildins.... I can not do.

Help?

Oh darn, it's been awhiule since I've done one.

I recall... first you put a rubble square down on the map, then view the map, then go BACK and place a building where you had the rubble, then view again. You sould have a damaged building where the rubble was.

If you don't then I got mixed up and it should have been the other way around. But it is rubble-then-building, or building-then-rubble... i think.

Thanks MikeyD,

But nope - that only creates a destroyed buidling. That feature is there in order to destroy things like bridges, churches, or factories which do not have there own destroyed templates. As far as I can tell it is not possible to custom create damaged buildings. The only way I can think of doing it is to let the computer to autogenerate a map and then deleting the ones areas around the damaged buildings. Still, that leaves you with buildings where the computer wanted them with no way of moving them.

There has gotta be a way...

Haven't bought CMBB yet (a heretic, I know, so burn me at the stake) but had a screwball idea how to do this. From what I'v read on the forums, couldn't you create a map with a intact building where you want the damaged one and include some HE-firing vehicle, load the scenario, take a couple of shots at the building, and then save the map?

Apologies if this is impossible, but I thought I'd take a flyer.

*shrug*

I didn't know how to do it till I read the manual. I don't have it with me now so I can't give you a page number. But ... if you do get around to reading it, you should find it.

Good luck.

Regards

JonS

Camp, it cant really be done save for autogenerating the map. I can think of one trick I have not tried yet, which I will try when I get home. But other than that you have either solid buildings or destroyed buildings.

WWB

Dear Jon (sorry, just couldn't help myself),

Sorry to be snippidey in my last post - it is just the virtual use of the "f" word gets to me. Of course I have read the manual. In fact I believe the page you are refering to is #163. I don't think BTS would be too please with me writing out this whole section of the manual but here is the part that I think you are probably refering to:

Note: Ther is a hidden feature which allows you to place destroyed bridges and other buildlings on the map, including factories and churches (which do not have their own terrain palette). Here's how it works: place a rubble tile on the desired spot (don't use "flat rubble"). Preview the map (important!). THe "Destroyed" tag is now fixed for that particular tile. Now go back to the map editor and place a bridge or building on top of the tile. Go into preview again -- the bridge or buidling will now be shown as "destroyed".

Still - this is not what I want. I want to make up some damaged buildings to place along side both destroyed and fully intact buildings for a city fight.

I am thinking that this is not possible unles someone can prove me wrong. In fact, a virtual $100 bucks to the person who can help me.

Cheers,

Hi Camp,

the only way to do this is by auto-generating a map with pre-set damage. This is basically the same as if you'd let arty of various calibers rain down, and it does generate damaged buildings.

Not quite what you wanted I guess, but there is no straight way to do it in the editor.

Martin