HQ running ahead of the platoon

I doubt that it actually runs faster than the squads. It might be going faster b/c it is an exp.level better than the squads, and thus has a shorter command delay. Although IIRC sometimes this does actually happen despite equal exp.levels---?

Anyhow the solution is to put the Plt HQ back a little further than your squads, further than usual since he should be back for protection anyway. and with CMBB's 10-second pause feature, you can add pause time to prevent him from streaking for the checkered flag and getting killed.

Originally posted by demoss:

This often happens because the HQ has a higher experience level, and thus lower delay. Try adding 10 or 20 seconds of delay to the HQ.

This seems logical and I do place my HQ behind my units. What I find though is that they simply seem to move faster. The specific senario that made me decide to post was this;

HQ + SMG platoon. I "HQ click" to select the unit, advance to building (45m away?) Enemy in building vaporised the HQ becasue he *ran* past the platoon, way ahead of them.

?

Something ive noticed which is very annoying.

When the HQ is hiding 20m+ behind his squads, which are hiding in ambush, only to pop up and start firing. Even when the enemy isn't really in good range nor much of a danger to the HQ or his squads. This also happens even when the enemy isn't in his cover arc. Too bold and dumb of the HQ.

But i find that rotating the HQ and putting up a very small cover arc to facing the opposite way from the oncoming enemy helps remedy this.

Originally posted by x13th:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by demoss:

This often happens because the HQ has a higher experience level, and thus lower delay. Try adding 10 or 20 seconds of delay to the HQ.

This seems logical and I do place my HQ behind my units. What I find though is that they simply seem to move faster. The specific senario that made me decide to post was this;

HQ + SMG platoon. I "HQ click" to select the unit, advance to building (45m away?) Enemy in building vaporised the HQ becasue he *ran* past the platoon, way ahead of them.

?</font>

Originally posted by x13th:

?

He might have come under fire as he was walking, perhaps from a sharpshooter, and that caused him to bolt towards the closest cover, that being the house. Just a theory.

Right,

So I just tried to simulate the map conditions under which the senario took place and lined up a batalion for a foot race.

Resualts:

1. Not a single HQ "out ran" thier squads

2. I learned that the pause technique is really good, thanks

3. My senario must have been a one off event or as a resualt of "other" forces such as suppression, cover fire etc.

Thank you to all that responded.