How do Kill a King Tiger?

I had 4 M4 attack a king tiger after it striked down 3 of my tanks i finally killed it.But that was my last tank and there were 3 more king tiger so what sould i do now i have 8 zooks 12 rifle squad 4 hmgs 2 mortars and 1 halftrack

(I guess your playing Paderborne but who knows) Umm..first things first...NEVER GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH A KING TIGER! if you have one in sight move to its side and fire give off two shots or so then he will have his turret towards you...when this happens MOVE! Fire and run...until you kill one its that simple.

Your bazookas can kill them, but you need a side or rear shot to do it. It is best if you have a shot straight at the side of the tank, at a right angle. That gives the biggest target to shoot at and the best, flat angles to avoid ricochets. Nothing you have will hurt them from the front.

The way to get a side shot is to have two zooks come at one of them from different sides, or better still if one of them tries to pass more or less between two of your zooks that are hidden. A good range for the zook shots is 80-100 yards, and if possible you'd like to be hiding and use an ambush marker to "aim".

You have to worry about his infantry keeping your zook teams away from the tanks, because they are quite fragile under infantry fire. Ideally, you'd like to have artillery chew up his infantry and hit the buttoned up tanks while everyone else around them is broken. But at the least, you have to use your own infantry to protect your zooks from his infantry, until they can line up shots.

Remember that up front they have their hull MG and they are invunerable to your shots, and straight ahead of the turret you won't last long, nor can you get through the turret front. Every other direction at any given moment, is safe, and the closer to side-on, the better for a zook kill.

Try to keep your last tank and/or halftrack alive and out of sight of all of them. Use it/them as bait - meaning, in order for them to get to a spot that can see your last tank or the 'track, they have to show a side to a zook team on the way. Also use it/them to shoot up their infantry when you can, to give them a reason to come after it.

Good luck - you will need that too, as you doubtless understand...

[ 07-21-2001: Message edited by: JasonC ]

Just ask my last opponent, I had 1 KT and a couple of Panthers; he had a few Shermans and 3 Pershings...I went head to head with an M4A3 76mm Sherman and the first shot from the Sherman penetrated FRONTALLY and killed the KT. I was mortified.

well i got close to winning last night .i had zooks in the trees. i had my halftrack draw the fire of the king tiger my zooker took him out but lost a bazook in try.My halftrack was in shock one of there men was killed. they had 2 king tiger left i took out the last hmg with my tank.then i got really lucky i killed king tiger one on one from the side then the other king tiger came up and destory my last tank then the 6 rilfe squads attacked with the king tiger and i lost :(what was left of my zooks were panic and routedand pretty everybody died a coupled coward=\ plus i made this map

You did the right thing - I've found a well placed zook can take care of the big cats.

In last weekends TCP game my buddy had a KT, I immobilised it with mortar fire and walked up to it with a zook who promptly put his first round straight through the side turret :cool:

This reminds me of a quote I read in Max Hasting's book "Overlord" several years ago-

-How does a Churchill kill a Panther?

-You get within 400 meters and bounce a shot off the front mantlet plate and into the top armor.

-Has anyone ever done it?

-Yes, Davis in C Troop, he's in the rear trying to recover his nerve.

-How does a Churchill kill a Tiger?

-You get within 200 meters and fire a shot through the gunner's periscope.

-Has anyone ever done it?

-No.

(I paraphrase fom memory- but it captures the spirit of the thing.)