Engine Trouble?

Ok I had a King Tiger tank sitting on a crossroads and it was the first turn and I hit GO and then i heard this noise and it said immobile. No shots had been fired yet. Is it programed in the game for King Tigers to have break downs?

[ July 25, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: TANK ACE ]

Well, maybe the crewmen heard your Kraut comments and decided to let you fight your own battles?

It would be really interesting if it really was engine breakdown. Or if they could throw tracks. That would be a very neat feature. But like the others, I have never seen it happend. Haven't fielded very many King Tigers, but Panthers had severe engine problems also, even later models, and I've fielded many of them. I guess I would have noticed if the engines suddenly started to burn.

Moon, what's the key on engine breakdowns in CM?

Cheerio

Dandelion

[ July 27, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Dandelion ]

The most likely cause would be enemy fire of some sort. If it was caused by bogging (not likely on a dry road), it should have gone to "bogged" for at least a couple of seconds before becoming "immobilized". The only thing I'm aware of that causes instant immobilization is enemy fire from anything but small arms.

Mechanical reliability is not modeled in the game.

[ July 28, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: IntelWeenie ]