NVidia Mods

I have noted some people's reluctance to use nVidia's beta drivers to cure the "invisible white" problem, which is really a minor one. Myself, despite the excellent help of several people on the forum, I just wasn't able to navigate through uninstallation, reinstallation, and general crapping around with the beta drivers and decided I can live with the problem.

One way around most of the problem is to go into the bmp folder, and replace "white" with another colour in all of the interface bmps affected - nationality flags, action buttons, etc. I use light grey in place of pure white and there is little difference in appearance - except now there is no flashing. The onel remaining issue is AAR screens - I find that if you printscreen when the "blank" AAR comes up, you can paste it into paint or whatever, and the image is as per normal - very neat!

But my question was whether or not anyone has taken the opportunity to redo the interface as a whole, removing the colour white? As good an excuse as any for doing a mod, I suppose. I am aware of the many interface mods out there already - the nose art one, gunmetal, etc., etc., but I doubt if any of them address the nVidia "white out problem", and was curious to see if anyone came up with a total interface conversion that does address that problem. This problem affects a lot of diverse bmps, including the compass points in the map editor (N, W, E, S), the auto generate button, the nationality flags, which I don't think any of the other interface mods would have bothered to touch, etc.

I wasn't aware of that problem. I have a GeForce and have never had any of that happen to me.

At any rate, it's much easier for you to revert to an earlier driver than it is for me to mod a whole interface. That answers that.

Originally posted by deanco:

That answers that.

One modder down, 3987 and counting to go....(you didn't really think you had the monopoly, did you?) ;)

In all honesty, I wasn't even thinking about you specifically when I asked my question - it should have been obvious the question was directed to nVidia driver owners, which you clearly aren't...guess you're underqualified to do this one, huh? tongue.gif

[ April 13, 2002, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deanco:

That answers that.

One modder down, 3987 and counting to go....(you didn't really think you had the monopoly, did you?) ;)

In all honesty, I wasn't even thinking about you specifically when I asked my question - it should have been obvious the question was directed to nVidia driver owners, which you clearly aren't...guess you're underqualified to do this one, huh? tongue.gif </font>

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by deanco:

That answers that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One modder down, 3987 and counting to go....(you didn't really think you had the monopoly, did you?)

------------------

------------------

Sorry, I should have said, 'That answers that as far as I am concerned.' You're certainly free to ask the other 4012 (as of 14-04-2002, 11:52 GMT) modders if they would be willing to mod an entire interface as a workaround for a driver problem that (at this point in time, according to Mattias) is no longer a problem.

Post here if you find someone, OK Michael? I can tell from your first post that you're serious about this. The lighter tone of your last post doesn't fool me. Thanks.