Dirty T-34's WIP

welp heres what ive been working on. 4 more T-34's to go, i should have the rest at the end of the week. I will have slogans on some of them, that can be optional if you want the slogans or not :D

dirty.6982614.jpg

dirty2.jpg

i just realized that i havent played this game in awhile smile.gif

[ October 14, 2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

t34_25.jpg

Variety of Greens

see for yourselves :D

I particularly like the greyish one.
hmmm its a shade of green on my monitor...must come of different on other monitors...but if you like then i have no problem ;)

The green and yellows look a little too bright to me, but I'll have to wait and see how they look in game.

really? when i first played it was bright but i darkened it a bit more...hmmm must test somemore

Looks great! You've been very busy there.

Take a break and go play it for awhile. hehe

hehe thnx...i think i will :D

[ October 14, 2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

Look great noobie!

Down the track guys I am going to write a small article on Russian colouring based on the research I did to help out you guys, if time permits. I actually have the origional orders describing the application of camo here somewhere smile.gif

In case its of interest, the Russians use of winter camo on tanks was very common. Summer camo was also used, but very rarly. From early '43 onwards it actually wasnt used at all, mainly for political reasons from what Ive read. Even when the did use it a certain percentage of the vehicle had to be this colour, a certain percent that colour, etc. smile.gif

Interesting to note is that when used it was only used in specific battles, often to designate a certain unit as much as to provide camoflague. Its strange that the Russian troops were given so much freedom over winter camo yet were hardly allowed to use it otherwise.

Dan

[ October 14, 2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

hehe just for fun...T34/85's at the back

action.jpg

EDIT: i also did the tracks...

==================================================

This not criticism, well maybe constructive criticism. smile.gif

If its authenticity your after, the last place you would find rust on a mobile tank(anything with steel trackshoes really) would be on those steel pads(trackshoes).

Again, I'm not being critical, just trying to be helpful.

KC

Noob!

You're getting a nice weathered effect on the T-34's. Looks promising :cool:

Couple of suggestions if I may:

I think your palette may be too yellow currently. Take a look at the colors of the camo pic you posted vs. your mod. See the difference in the amount of yellow? I'm also seeing a lot of yellow in the rusty treatment palette.

Also, notice that the camo pattern needs to not break where one BMP starts and the next one ends (see the break where the top BMP starts and the side BMP ends at the fender?). Getting those to match can be tricky, but it's one of the marks of a 1st class mod job. Go for it!

- Old Dog

thank you old dog

Also, notice that the camo pattern needs to not break where one BMP starts and the next one ends (see the break where the top BMP starts and the side BMP ends at the fender?). Getting those to match can be tricky, but it's one of the marks of a 1st class mod job. Go for it!

yes i know its a pain in the a$$ but once i see how its lined up it shouldnt be a problem...gets very tiring tho