offer to convert SS-Loader to english CDV-version!

Yesterday i finished the SS-Loader, which corrects the Waffengrenadierproblem and gives the "SS" back in the german version.

It will be available for download in the next days on Tom's CMHQ Deutsch. (http://www.militarygameronline.com/TCMHQ/).

If you are interested to get the "SS" back in the english CDV version, too (like in the original version), let me know the exact naming of the WG-units, 'cause i only have the german version.

In the german version:

"WG Infanterie" - how is it named in CDV's english version? "WG Infantry"?

"WG Mechanisierte" - "WG Mechanized"?

"WG Kavallerie" - "WG Cavalry"?

"WG Gebirgsjäger" - ??

If there is enough interest for the WG -> SS conversion, I'll convert the loader to the english version.

Beta-testers are therefore necessary and write to: wotan1@gmx.at

[ October 11, 2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Do you mean in the mission briefings ? I assume so - the in-game unit info just refers to "German infantry" etc, whether Heer or SS.

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple :( Several different formats were used, more or less at random - "WG" and "Waffengrenadier" were used interchangeably, and sometimes hyphens are used ("WG-Panzerkorps") and sometimes not("WG Das Reich") . I say "were" - I've just edited each mission briefing individually, and corrected a few other errors while I was at it. If anybody wants the edited missions just let me know.

[ October 12, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

Originally posted by Schoerner:

It's not usual to include other people's work.

Such a mod already exists.

You can always ask the author for permission, tho. On the other hand, it's about as good a solution to group this kind of mods under the same web page.

By the way, in my box the game comes up in about 10-15 seconds, so even the minimum 30 sec delay is an overkill. Maybe the delay should be a command line option?

Originally posted by Schoerner:

In the german version:

"WG Infanterie" - how is it named in CDV's english version? "WG Infantry"?

"WG Mechanisierte" - "WG Mechanized"?

"WG Kavallerie" - "WG Cavalry"?

"WG Gebirgsjäger" - ??

If there is enough interest for the WG -> SS conversion, I'll convert the loader to the english version.

Beta-testers are therefore necessary and write to: wotan1@gmx.at

Gebirgsjager is Mountain in the english versions.