opening bird sounds

in the gold demo, VoT the wonderful pre-battle bird noises ended with the opening shots (IIRC)

however in two current battles the bird sounds are continuing thru the entire battle. i don't see a toggle, i really dont want to delete the wav as its cool at the start, but once the shooting starts, shouldn't they "fly to safer areas"?

Guest Madmatt

Err there is no reason to forward to Charles as all you have to do is use Shift-S and shut off the ambient sounds once the battle begins. You will still get all the battle sounds, you just lose the background sounds of weather and wildlife.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Los:

I'll forward this to Charles and get him coding up a work around ASAP. Thanks.

Los

Director of Meaningless Requests

Big Time Software<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Los,

Is it too late for Charles to include livestock? How about civilians? wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an aside, one of the Combat Lessons contained in the publications I ref'd in the MILITARY STRATEGY thread was:

- During night actions, do not use bird sounds as signals. In a battle, all the birds fly away from the area. The dogs and cats hang around the area, so it's alright to use those kinds of sounds as signals.

smile.gif

Good idea Abrams, but do Llama count? If so I can get some of the posters on this board to just send in wav files of their typical posts and we could use those. wink.gif

Los

Director of Meaningless Requests

Big Time Software

Cattle? Like in Diablio? I miss the screams like in close combat. This game is really authintic and I like that but the screams of dead and dying me notify me more readily of where and when I am taking casulties and inflicting them. Also, when units break I don't hear anything either... however i only have the demo version so it may be different I don't know. Does the full version have night missions?