Disk is cracked!

Does anyone know if Battle Front/BTS exchange broken disks for a new replacment one? Apparenlty I have been using the disk a great deal since I bought it six months ago and now it has a crack running from the centre to half way out to the edge :(

I noticed the crack about three days ago and I tried making a backup but because of the software protection it does not work. I am in the middle of two PBEM battles and now I won't be able to finish them!

I used CD Creater 4 and did a disc copy. Maybe your problem is that the crack was already there and the drive couldn't read it properly. There is no copy protection on CMBO unless it was added on later versions, but I don't think it was. You might want to try transfering the contents of the disk to your computer and then burning those files to disc.

Performing a 'disk copy' is the only way to get an accurate and usable version of CM burned to a CDR. One of the scenario file names doesn't correspond to proper IS0-9660 naming and several programs will refuse to do a file copy with it's current name. Changing the name will make CM recognize that it isn't using the actual CDROM. At least this is the case with Adaptec/Roxio software on the PC. So a 'CD Copier' function or a 'track by track' copy of the CD is the only way to accurately copy it.

I make these suggestions only with the intention that they'll be used for backup/archival purposes. I don't endorse any sort of software piracy.

However, you'll probably want to get an 'exchange' copy of the CD from BTS anyway.

Just to add to the collective knowledge base.

In the past you would have been correct to email me directly with any replacement CD or manual requests BUT we are now setup to handle these issues much quicker so please direct such inqueries directly to sales@battlefront.com and they will take care of you.

Thanks!

Madmatt

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]</p>