Infantry Texture Observations - for MODers

kump

Exploring the graphics of CMBB is so much more challenging. So much of it!!!

Each type of infantry (infantry, SS, mountain, etc.) for the Germans seem to have three sets of textures (not including winter!). So far I've found..

Jun/41 - May/42 Summer/Fall Texture #1

Jun/42 - Apr/44 Summer/Fall Texture #2

May/44 - May/45 Summer/Fall Texture #3

I don't think there is a seperate set for Fall.

I would assume that each infantry type would also get three winter uniform sets to match the dates above.

What a treasure trove of textures here. Okay, so each German infantry type gets six sets of textures?

Did I miss any?

[ September 27, 2002, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: kump ]

Thanks Fernando,

Incredible, just incredible. There certainly is a need for a MODers handbook of facts now!

By the way, wonderful job on the CMBB infantry uniforms! I've had the game for three days and all I've done is stare at the unit list taking notes. But I find myself drawn to the map review just to admire the unit textures. Well done!

Okay, from the rest of the infantry, these were the texture sets I could discover....

Summer/Fall Texture Sets

GERMAN

Jun/41 - May/42 texture set #1

Jun/42 - Apr/44 texture set #2

May/44 - May/45 texture set #3

RUSSIAN

Jun/41 - Apr/43 texture set #1

May/43 - May/45 texture set #2

PARTISAN

ROMANIA

Jun/41 - Apr/42 texture set #1

May/42 - Aug/44 texture set #2

Sep/44 - May/45 texture set #3 (Allied)

FINLAND

Jun/41 - Aug/44 texture set #1

HUNGARY

Jun/41 - Apr/45 texture set #1

ITALY

Aug/41 - Jan/43 texture set #1

POLAND (Uses Russian texture set)

Jan/45 - May/45 texture set #1

Some of the single texture sets, like Finland and Hungary, have the same uniform during the entire war. There may be a texture switch at some date, but if so, its using a duplicate bmp set so its not visible in game.

Anyone else can add to this?

[ September 28, 2002, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by kump:

Okay, from the rest of the infantry, these were the texture sets I could discover....

Summer/Fall Texture Sets

GERMAN

Jun/41 - May/42 texture set #1

Jun/42 - Apr/44 texture set #2

May/44 - May/45 texture set #3

RUSSIAN

PARTISAN

ROMANIA

Jun/41 - Apr/42 texture set #1

May/42 - Aug/44 texture set #2

Sep/44 - May/45 texture set #3 (Allied)

FINLAND

Jun/41 - Aug/44 texture set #1

HUNGARY

Jun/41 - Apr/45 texture set #1

ITALY

Aug/41 - Jan/43 texture set #1

POLAND (Uses Russian texture set)

Jan/45 - May/45 texture set #1

Some of the single texture sets, like Finland and Hungary, have the same uniform during the entire war. There may be a texture switch at some date, but if so, its using a duplicate bmp set so its visible in game.

Anyone else can add to this?

the texture dates would seem to be the same for the unit portraits - I've mapped out the Soviet ones in another thread.

The Finns only have one set of unit portraits, so safe to assume their uniforms do not change during the war.

I am going to map the Axis unit portraits tonight - thanks for the tip on the dates, it will make things MUCH easier!

I'll probably put the uniform date switches and the map for the unit portrait bmps on my GD site for easy reference for all.

Michael,

Now that is beautiful! :eek: Just the type of thing that is needed for the coming MODs.

How about posting a new thread with the link?

Really good work and organization. Be nice to add the bmp numbers too once we get them all identified. Link saved.

[ September 28, 2002, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: kump ]

Canuck,

Yes, I see helmet and officer cap BMP's everywhere. Some are identical, but that means no sharing. So infantry mods are going to be a lot easier this time around. Mod the heck out of one and it won't have an impact on other.

Thank goodness!!!