Vehicles as cover?

It is, however, possible for the tank to take hits from, say, small arms fire even though the target is the men "underneath" the tank. The men get no added cover from being there, but the tank might sponge some fire.

Its a yes/now answer I suppose. The correct answer, as has been said, is no. I just feel its worth pointing out that the tank might still end up taking the hits.

Originally posted by Claymore:

Busboy,

It is possible for the tank or infantry to take hits when one or the other is targeted by small arms fire.

However, the precence of both occupying the same piece of terrain does not modify the probability of either separately being hit.

More importantly, it is even possible for infantry to be targeted and hit DIRECTLY through a tank or pillbox that is not burning.

Tanks that arn't burning don't block LOS or in coming fire in any way.

-tom w

We all look forward to the new engine with tanks as cover (especially for infantry following behind tanks in an assault), but for now, all tanks do is make pling noises when shot at my small arms fire. No cover is provided. I would assume the crews do not run either because they are not being shot at at the moment, or there is too much fire to run and not be shot.

Chad