The sense of Fullscreen Anti-Aliasing and Asinotropic Filtering (huge pics)

Forcing on antialiasing was the best thing I ever did with the game - really - thank you so much for the tip! It's a whole different battlefield...

What comes to anisotrophic filtering, correct me if I'm wrong, but at least in my Geforce 256 anisoptrophic filtering (damn that one is hard to spell!) is a feature listed under OpenGL, and I understand that the game uses Direct3D?

I just wanted to check my GeForce4 (Ti4600 with 128 MB DDR RAM) settings, since I knew I had a new driver installed a few weeks ago. But when I checked the panels I noticed they were all Finnish.... :D

Wow, those Finns sure use a whole lot more "ä" and "ö" than we Germans! :D

Bonjour fellas,

Win 98SE OS w/NVidia GeForce 3 Ti 200 64 MB AGP w/AMD 1700XP CPU w/Via PCI...

I upgraded drivers from 28.32 to 29.42 to see if graphics could be fantasticly improved... and I also tried out the 30.82 driver as well... with 4x FSAA and 8x Ansiotropic enabled... my AGP does not have a setting for 6x FSAA...

Ok.. some improvements... very smooth outline when gun barrel is not sihlouetted against blue sky... but, I still see some 'jaggies' when gun barrel is profiled against blue sky...

Tracks do appear smoother as in example photos...

But, no apparent improvement on the small 'jaggies' by going from 29.42 to 30.82... so I am going to leave 29.42 installed... it works ok...

Don't even try the so-called 'certified' 40.72 drivers... you'll only get an error message midway during the Setup install about a 'nv4disp.inf' file being missing... and then Setup will abort the entire install...

Cordialement, Duke of Earl

[ November 10, 2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Duke of Earl ]

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Targetting & movement lines also lose all jagginess with AA on. I think the effects of AA look best when you're zoomed out looking at a large portion of the battlefield.

This is very true, but I set AA and Ansiotropic filtering on my Radeon 128 MB 9000 Pro to 16X and close up the difference is amazing! I feel like I'm right frigging there!!

Wow, they look exactly the same! Who would have thought, you only had to pay an additional 500 dollars for that extra feature, and POW! There the same. And to think, I only spent some odd 100 dollars on my graphics card, and it looks JUST LIKE YERS. Whadda know!

Man, I envy you.

Wait, no, I hate you!

Originally posted by BulletRat:

Maybe we should work on getting tank/vehicle wheels to move first tongue.gif

Would make em look much better when on the move - c'mon BF, it can't be THAT hard can it?

I guess the problem is that BTS want run the game on older machines with TNT graphic cards, too. :rolleyes:

Well, I can understand this, not everybody has a high-end PC. But I wonder why they does not solve this problem like most other games - with custom screen resolutions and colour depth setting. To turn of the bells and whistles seem to have only a very limited influence.