The Newbie Tournaments III

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More results from the GV Newbies:

White4 (US) defeated Leta (German) by a score of 58-16 in Rabbit's Foot. This was enough for White4 to overtake Leta's lead from the first two legs of Round 2.

So, White4 wins Round 2 with an overall score of 125-100 and advances to Round 3.

Congratulations to White4!

Yes, that last battle was a real nightmare for me. White4 plays it very well, destroying all my plans and reducing my men to pieces.

Well, sadly I finished my career in this tournament. Maybe next time ... :(

Congrats White4! I'm sure your next opponent will have a hard time fighting you ...

More results from the SuperNewbies:

YankeeDog (US) defeated DL (German) by a score of 91-9 in Rabbit's Foot. (Note: DL surrendered, so this score will not be included when tabulating the average scores.)

So, YankeeDog wins Round 2 with an overall score of 159-73 and advances to Round 3.

Congratulations to YankeeDog!

More results from the SuperNewbies:

Austin Bowie (German) defeated Vader's Jester (US) by a score of 56-29 in Rabbit's Foot.

So, Austin Bowie wins Round 2 with an overall score of 174-62 and advances to Round 3.

Congratulations to Austin Bowie!

I my closing statement for the newbie tournaments, I would just like to thank SuperTed for putting this on! He not only has opened CM for me and enhanced my experience with this awsome game, but he has also opened the door to many other things in the process (like online gaming as a whole, not just with CM).

Thanks Ted for an awsome gaming experience!! :D

I'll leave the AAR business to my my new Combat Mission idol, Drunken Master (Austin Bowie). Don't play him when he's sauced. He'll slaughter your men! ;)

[ March 15, 2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Vader I have to say the big lesson I have been learning in human to human contests is patience.

Patience leaves one with plenty of time twiddling your thumbs

Or grabbing the cold ones out of the fridge.

Enough cold ones and empathy disappears.

That is when I find myself in the perfect attitude to play.

Thanks for the games! They were fun.

Originally posted by Austin Bowie:

Vader I have to say the big lesson I have been learning in human to human contests is patience.

Thanks for the games! They were fun.

1. Yes. I am too greedy and commit my men too quick, too often before I have better recon and a grip on my opponent's stratagey. Do you think I did better in our last game? I felt I had a better understanding of your plan of attack. I should have left more at the bridge to defend it though.

2. Sure. I will have my revenge though! You haven't seen the last of me. Muuwwahhh, hhaahhhh, hhhaaaahhhhh, hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! tongue.gif

Originally posted by Bad Monkey!:

w00t! :D

ST, have you gotten two e-mails from me in the last day or so? They both bounced back with a note that the server would keep trying. not important now, just curious.

BM,

They both made it. My apologies if I did not respond. I have been a little distratced. :rolleyes: