Sherwood Fusiliers

Playing as the brits I had put those tank reinforcements out of my mind so whne they came it was at the most opportune and desperate moment. I think the first turn they arrived there was at least a dozen tank kills!

Los

One thing I found anoying with that scenario was when playing as the brits, you don't have the ability to move your TRP's where you want. Here we go again with that forced PAD LOCK set up thing. (see pad lock thread)

Even prior to playing the scenario for the first time, I wanted those in different area's. Especialy in the center and over on the east side of the map. Two of them are way to close.

But, even with that, when I played, the allied artillery brought the axis moral down so low, they auto surrendered and still had 4 tanks left that I could see.

I must say that scenario is an impressive show of allied big guns.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Well actually I didn't have a problem with where the TRPs are I think they were placed very wisely but god I could have used at least one more TRP right smack down on that intersection in front of the village real danger close like.

I dropped some very good concentrations down on the Germans which really held them up. IN fact even a 4.2" barrage lasting one minute totally porked up a company of Panzer IVs (on the left flank TRP) which most fortuitously stopped right on that TRP, all crew exposed like, and started taking pot shots at me at long range. the 4.2 rounds landed right on this pesky bunch of exposed commanders. I don't know what happened except I know for a fact one tank was immobilized and several others backed up or mellowed out for the rest of the battle (so far) and I think they lost their commanders or drivers.

You could go back now and in the editor remove the padlock form the TRPs and you might be able to adjust them.

Los

[This message has been edited by Los (edited 07-10-2000).]

I'm on turn 14 of this beast, playing the Canucks, and getting the piss beat out of me. All my AT guns are gone. My piats are starting to panic or run out of ammo or aren't close enough to the action yet. My 4.5 inch FO is down to his last ammo point. My other 3 25 pdr FOs are approaching 5 ammo points left with plenty of troops well past the TRP on the right side of the map near the village. I still have a goodly number troops hidden and waiting for the right moment, mostly in the middle of the map where there hasn't been any action yet, but the Germans have 3 or 4 PZ IVs providing overwatch so when I do spring my trap they won't last long.

In short, I'm hoping and praying for those damned reinforcements because if they don't show up soon, I'm toast and the invasion could be pushed back into the sea. frown.gif

But man, what a battle. It seems the German armor is endless.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

***Spoiler***

I'm up around turn #6 as the Canadians. In the very first turn the two RH AT guns popped 5 Mark IVs, a Puma, and a HT, and i'm thinking "Man, this is fun! Should be over soon"

And then the tidal wave rolled in....

What remains of my left flank consists of one rifle squad and one Piat team, both pinned. My right flank...what right flank? There is nothing left but big, smoking holes with bodies all around. The three roads are jammed with German vehicles, and the two wheatfields are a sea of grey figures advancing in attack formation. And worse of all, the fields just behind the row of tall pines are filled with German crosses, big and small.

have i ever told you how much i love this game wink.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Possible spoilers below, this directed at Kingfish so he can read with the spoilage effect.

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Kingfish, if I may be so bold. You didn't hide your troops in round one or the setup phase did you? And they opened up too soon didn't they? And the German armor/arty picked them off didn't they? Yep, I'd estimate around turn 6 smile.gif. But if I'm wrong, then how the heck did things go so bad so quick? Yep, I agree, you just gotta love this game smile.gif. It'll humble you in a hurry.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

***Spoiler***

Jeff,

Yes, i hid everyone except 2 reinforced platoons that i ran forward into ambush positions. The reason my defense is collapsing so quickly is because my opponent charged with everything he had, saturating my lines. The tidal wave reference is the best way to visualize what i have coming down on me.

However, things have taken a slight turn in my favor and can be summed up in one word - Arty biggrin.gif

Whether or not it will turn the tide, dunno. But it is most welcomed.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Ahhh, you're playing a human? That would explain it. The AI is rather awkward on the attack with that many units to command. But even at that, the shear number of troops coming at me is overwhelming.

------------------

Jeff Abbott