Has anyone been whipped by the AI?

try "a long cold night," or something to that effect. I had to surrender late in the game because.........well, you'll just have to find out. It's a 60 turn scenario. I've downloaded so many I can't remember if it came with the game or was a created one. I believe it was an original.

*****The correct name of the scenario is "One long Cold Day."********

[This message has been edited by bauhaus (edited 06-30-2000).]

Out of the six scenarios I've played so far (not counting DYOs), the AI has won two games (Tactical Victories) and a third was a draw. I doubt the AI will get many Total Victories, but a Tactical gets the job done. As I gain experience against the AI, I'm sure I'll win more than half my games.

To compensate for my computer's inherent stupidity, I usually give the AI +25% units (or +50% if I'm in the mood). This seems a fair adjustment.

When I first started playing the demo, I had a little difficulty (lost). But since I have been playing the full game, I have found that I pretty routinely score in the 70's.

I even had one game where it appeared that the computer shelled its own forces.

But it still a lot of fun to play.

Guest grunto

try "Aachen" from the release cd. that one is very tough as americans.

i got cute with it but had opened a big can of whoopass instead.

andy

I lost as Germans in "One Long, Cold Day".

That is the best scenario I think I've played yet. ( Of course I've been playing mostly quick-battles to save the scenarios for double blinds!)

That one to me is a real "mood" scenario...cold, bleak, and painful!

Loved it!