More uniform mod updates

Now that I updated the German uniforms, the allies have to match, too. You may have seen the new battledress textures that I've been working on in another thread. I've really never been happy with my Commonwealth textures, but when these are done I will be. I've always been mot dissatisfied with my British Airborne mod; not anymore!

ab.jpg

This version has completely new textures for the Denison jump smock, which more accurately represent the earlier pattern that would be most prevalent in CMBO. Also, it looks cooler. smile.gif

More previews will be sent to PawBroon as I complete the rest of the bmps.

Let's get these out of the way right now.

a) Which grass mod are you using?

B) Why didn't you mod the beret (pistol, PIAT)?

c) When are you going to do a (fill in the blank)?

d) What is that weird thing over the shoulders?

There - now -great work on the Denison and the toggle rope.

Hmmm....the web L straps on the 37 pattern webbing is a bit wonky - there should be a curved brass piece hooking to the top of the basic pouch...I am putting some pictures up on my site, here is a sneak preview. As at this writing only 2D drawings, haven't put the photos of the kit up yet, but I do have an L strap up for a reference - the curved brass piece is at the bottom of the strap.

The under constructino WE 37 Page is here

lstrap.gif

What a, uh...useful bunch of posts. :rolleyes:

Michael, I'll take a second look at the web gear and make sure that everything passes muster. Any additional info you can give will be much appreciated. I guess I can just chack back and see what kind of progress you're making on your P37 website.

It will be ready soon--promise :D

I need to complete a few more textures yet, and then I'll release both these and the new German textures.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

What a, uh...useful bunch of posts. :rolleyes:

Andrew - heh, that was the point! Since so many people come into these new mod posts with the usual ill-mannered "what grass are you using" etc. comments, we figured we'd get it all out of the way first! Maybe dissuade others from doing the same thing....?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Hmmm....the web L straps on the 37 pattern webbing is a bit wonky - there should be a curved brass piece hooking to the top of the basic pouch...I am putting some pictures up on my site, here is a sneak preview. As at this writing only 2D drawings, haven't put the photos of the kit up yet, but I do have an L strap up for a reference - the curved brass piece is at the bottom of the strap.

Ok, I found some photos and I see what you mean. I can fix it.

Nice one, Michael, you're making me delay the release even longer now. ;)

Quote from Andrew:

Ok, I found some photos and I see what you mean. I can fix it.

Nice one, Michael, you're making me delay the release even longer now.

Let's get this Michael guy for delaying the mod. ;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Sure, just blame Mike for Andrew's ridiculous need for historical accuracy and correct details. Why, you have no idea how much I hate people like that..... :cool:

Hey, don't try and turn this one back on me!

Let the truth be known--it's really people like YOU who are responsible when mods don't get released! :mad: It's all your fault!

(With any luck I'll touch off a flame war between grogs and modsluts. :D )

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

(With any luck I'll touch off a flame war between grogs and modsluts. :D )

I think you already have...

I can believe anyone would like a mod that isn't historically correct, or not. :D